Tech carry all bags.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tech carry all bags....

I just use a nice looking nylon cd case. (case Logic brand) It holds 40 cds and has an exterior pocket. There is enough room in the exterior pocket for my combination screwdriver and my litte AA maglite. Its small and compact.
    Not enough room for the pda, but that goes in my front pocket anyway...

Works great for me. YMMV

A *REAL* tech only needs a #2 Phillips, #2 Flat Head, a pair of Vise Grips and a roll of duct tape.

With these, you can conquer the world!!!

Kenny P.
    ps: really? I make Mode-1 CDs that have all OS's on them (MS), a util CD, a driver CD, etc... I also carry security bits as you never know what someone is going to hand you to fix...

<a href="http://www.appledore-ent.com/toolbags.htm" target="_blank">http://www.appledore-ent.com/toolbags.htm</a>

no room for a laptop, but it'ss hold all your other goodies.
    ""in certain cases...one remains a philosopher only by being silent." -Friedrich Neitzsche "

I put a lot of tools in my laptop case, but for my "rounds" (I do network and desktop support for a state government agency) I use a CD case that holds 60 CDs (or CDs and floppies), and has 2 large pockets on the outside for small notebook, crossover cable, and 5 or 6 vital small tools. It also has a shoulder strap. It works beautifully, without being too bulky. It's called CDProjects, and I bought it at WalMart...

Talking

A Win2k Sp2 cd, Win98SE boot disk and a philips screw driver. Is there anything else you could need?!? Naw.
    DON'T PANIC

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where

My old rucksack (been around the world and it shows) not as flashy as an aluminium briefcase of a samsonite laptop bag, but no one ever steals wrecked old rucksacks on the off chance of them having a £1500 laptop in.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

[quote]Originally posted by Kenny P:
    <strong>A *REAL* tech only needs a #2 Phillips, #2 Flat Head, a pair of Vise Grips and a roll of duct tape.

With these, you can conquer the world!!!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

What about the very large hammer !
    feel free to comment on my website. <a href="http://www.bytes-back.co.uk" target="_blank">http://www.bytesback.fsbusiness.co.uk</a>

Three suggestions for those still looking and perhaps on a budget:

Fishing tackle box. Available in various sizes and styles, lots of internal compartments, can be very cheap and portable. The best of my suggestions I think.

Sewing box. Same notes.

Plastic craft organizers from Lewiscraft or other specialty stores. Again, very cheap, more useful for spare parts than tools.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

I have been using "Bbunch's" Sears Craftsman tool bag...and can't say enough good about it. It just seems to have the perfect combination of handy size, handy interior pockets, water resistance, stays upright and open when needed, legal for aircraft carry-on...and it's indestructible without costing an arm and a leg.

The only modification I've done is to remove the Craftsman lettering...
    "Qui me amat, amat et canem meum."