Tech carry all bags....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tech carry all bags....

Post Tech carry all bags....

Has anyone come accross a good "Orginzer" that you can carry cd's, floppies, write notes in, and possibly carry around screwdriver and such. Im searching for one and havent had any luck. I know its a long shot, just wondering if anyone has seen something of the sort. Thanks
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Thanks to A d e p t for the avatar!!!!

Im done here

In true Blue Peter style:

You need -
    empty washing up liquid bottles
    string
    scissors
    coloured paper
    glue
    plastic tubing
    double sided sticky-backed plastic

however, I will concede that our american friends have probably never heard of Blue Peter, so I will suggest the following:

additional materials - bottle of vodka

Method:

Cut bottom off the washing up bottle
    Attatch plastic tubing to nozzle
    use sticky plastic to affix coloured paper to bottle
    pour contents of vodka into colourful plastic bottle
    place mouth at open end of tubing
    swallow
    sniff glue

It won't make a container to carry stuff, but I can guaruntee that you won't care.
    You probably won't even be able to remember your name.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

I'd suggest a briefcase. Aluminum if you want to be really spiffy

I haven't found the "perfect" bag anywhere, but I use a clean, professional-looking backpack with multiple pockets which does the trick.

Maybe a bike-messenger bag or a briefcase would be to your liking, but it's what's inside that counts
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

the best thing ive come across is a large sized laptop bag With no in it. In the lap top space you can put cd holders to complement the holders that are already there. The one I have has all the pen holders you would need and plenty of pockets in the second pouch that fit tools pretty well. I'll be useing that till I come across something that is meant for the task.
    I dont feel tardy...

Thanks for all the replies, even the vodka . I was thinkg about the laptop bag, but was kinda looking for something a little smaller. But I guess it gets the nod. Thanks guys
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Im done here

My lappie's bag is my catch all. Heavy as I'll get out... But it does the trick...
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

My aluminum briefcase (and everything in it) survives everything and doubles for a nice little chair on occasion....
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

[quote]Originally posted by Sowulo:
    <strong>My aluminum briefcase (and everything in it) survives everything and doubles for a nice little chair on occasion.... </strong><hr></blockquote>

So I guess that makes you Spiffy Sowulo
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Im done here

[quote]Originally posted by cc_penguin:
    <strong>Has anyone come accross a good "Orginzer" that you can carry cd's, floppies, write notes in, and possibly carry around screwdriver and such. Im searching for one and havent had any luck. I know its a long shot, just wondering if anyone has seen something of the sort. Thanks</strong><hr></blockquote>

DUDE DUDE DUDE!!! Have I got the bag for you?!?!?!? Yes I do.

Office Depot and/or Office Max is where I got mine. A guy I work with had one when I started there and it looked like it covered every need.
    I checked it out and am a proud owner of this one
    <a href="http://www.officedepot.com/shop/catalog/sku.asp?ID=670109&LEVEL=SK&SID=QG66EXWUBVW69MHXRWS KJ4HFMP460PC4&PP=301" target="_blank">HERE!!! Click here to see</a>

Not only does it have a section for your paperwork, it has another section that could be used for toolkits. Two big pockets on the front and two small ones too. One huge one for paperwork on the other side too.
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

[quote]Originally posted by Tazdrummer:
    <strong>

DUDE DUDE DUDE!!! Have I got the bag for you?!?!?!? Yes I do.

.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks, Ill be stopping by Office Depot to check it out tomorrow.
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Im done here

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska

Cool

I don't know cc_penguin I have a problem with this bag. If you will notice the material is vinyl. That's just a fancy name for naugahide! And everybody knows the nauga is on the endangered species list! So with all due respect you should protect the Nauga, protest this exploitation of the nauga, and buy something innocuous like Siberian Tiger Skin or Baby Seal Skin!

You want to know why you never see a Nauga?
    Because they hide!
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

bbunch

Smile

I got a Sears/Craftsman Tool Bag for Christmas a couple of years ago while I was in Tech School. Works great, holds my PC toolkit, some loose tools, my TechRef book, a calculator, loads of floppies/CDs, my RJ-45 Crimpers & ends, a flashlight and loads more. It is approx. 1 ft. high by 1 1/2 ft. long. The construction is VERY durable nylon, quite thick & holds it shape.

For my laptop, I have a Leather (real, not "Nauga"...lol) laptop case, which also works well for me. And then there is my everyday briefcase/notebook....also Leather and was purchased at Wal-Mart for about $50.

Needless to say, when I am called out for a service/repair...it takes a few mins. to get all loaded up...lol.

I have a laptop bag with a zip open expansion area. Plenty of room for the laptop, drives batteries, Etc., plus 100 CDs and my toolkit. I think I bought the bag at Staples for around $80 two yrs ago.
    The Dragon has left the building.

Exclamation

Time for me to bag a bag er I mean go and get one so I can have my tools handy , I usually have my screwdriver case , Zip drive case loaded with CD's and the poor zip drive , I guess it is time to expand, Lots of good ideas here
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )