Stupid things YOU've said?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stupid things YOU've said?

Post Stupid things YOU've said?

We see a lot of posting about stupid things the customers & users say and ask. Who here remembers a good slip of the tongue that they wish they could forget?

Just this morning my coworker was showing me the inside of a defective chip, and marveling at the tiny wires. "Amazing that the heat doesn't just make these things pop like little fuses, eh?" He said. "Well," I said intelligently, "It's probably made of something."

Hard to argue with that, at least.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Well.... I think that I am king of stupid stuff, I once looked at a picture of myself while looking through a photo album with my girlfriend and asked "who's that?" I sure felt dumb.

Another good one was when me and my friend were talking about bands that were from seattle. Well when we got to alice in chains I was like "I thought that they were from washington!"

Can you say jackass?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Elbatcho

Talking

I alway's get suckered at the ticket desk at the airport when the collector say's enjoy your flight I always reply, you too. Where the hell is she going, no where, I'm the one who is flying, she is just going to jump in her car and go home. I always feel so dumb after that.

Something similar.

When I first started at my current job, the Ops. Manager, whom I didn't know at the time, came storming into my office saying "You've got to come with me right now!" To which I gave a sarcastic answer to the effect of "oh sure, I'll leave everybody else with a valid work request hanging so I can go with you!"

Needless to say, it didn't go over to well. The situation went right to the top, right away. After my boss clueing me in as to who this person was, I resolved the issue in no time at all.

Later, he stopped by and thanked me. We had a brief discussion and handshaking session and it was basically left "that was then, this is now. It's water under the bridge."

Well, since that day, the Ops Manager and I have been pretty good friends. He always says hi or asks my advice on something.

I think maybe I might have impressed him with my brass ones or something. Whatever it is/was, that's my story.
    "what'dya mean I hosed the whole thing? Is that bad?"

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where

Smile

"It'll be fine." (Usually 30 seconds b4 something ba-a-a-a-a-a-ad happens)
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

"That should be pretty quick--no more than an hour or so..."
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

I worked in a Corporate Security Department as a filing clerk. Now this is Investigations and stuff like that, not guards. I had first temped there for a few weeks. On my fourth day I was alone in the office, the Director of Security and an Investigator left for a Branch Robbery. The Admin Assist for the President of the company (I didn't know who he was at the time) had come down to request a certain file on a theft from a month ago. Well, The Security Director had told me to check with him before giving out any Confidential Files. So I told as much to the Admin. The Admin. didn't like it and said that he would get the file himself. So I stood in front of him and told him that there was no way he was going to get into our confidential files. He leaves. 5 mins later the President himself calls and requests the info, I repeat what was told to me by the Director. Pres says he needs it for Board of Directors meeting in 20 mins. I say sorry nothing I can do. A few mins after the pres hangs up, my boss the Director calls. I tell him what happened, he says go ahead find file and give to the Pres. Unfortunately the BOD meeting is in full swing. I give, Pres give me dirty look and says nothing.

Well, two hours after that Boss comes back and immediately the Pres comes down and goes in office with doors close. I'm thinking ok ok, I'm done, just let me get my timecard filled and I'll be gone. Pres comes out, says sorry and shakes my hand. Boss calls me in and says I'm hired and that Pres just needed to calm down.

To the time I left, the pres never even remebered me. Maybe that's good in some way...
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

Originally posted by Elbatcho:
    I alway's get suckered at the ticket desk at the airport when the collector say's enjoy your flight I always reply, you too. Where the hell is she going, no where, I'm the one who is flying, she is just going to jump in her car and go home. I always feel so dumb after that.

LMAO i just read this one out load it made every ones day thanks for the post
    Impounded impressions of aggressive democracy see lil need to help poverty/
    A land of freedom? Of wealth? Of justice?
    I fear not for me, but for my children to wake up and see, that I am nothing but a slave
    In modern society

Microsoft Windows 98 will work......
    on tonights menu - special fried bios

After a 15 minute tech support call and getting to know the caller while her 486 reboots (not really but felt like it) As a closing I told her "Talk to you later" After I hung up I thought " She better not call me back"

Elbatcho

Talking

I was talking to a clinet on the phone and I was thinking about my girlfriend, as I said bye to him I said, okay love you and blew him a kiss. He didn't know how to react and just hung up.

CobraTekMax

"Yeah, this shirt is flame retardant! Watch, I'll prove it!"

"I recommend AOL"
    "We have assumed control"

Originally posted by Jallentino:
    "I recommend AOL"
    Good one....

Sure I'll help you install <Insert numerous Time consuming compenents here>.

Originally posted by Elbatcho:
    It works so many ways. I do it all the time. Especially, when I don't like who I am talking too.

Hope you feel better. You too.

Good luck installing your video card. You too.

Sorry to hear your mother died. You too.

Does this make me look fat? Yes.