Columbine sueing game devolopers
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Columbine sueing game devolopers

Post Columbine sueing game devolopers

ok i feel bad for the people involved in anyone of the shooting thats been happening but come on this is crazy

http://computingcentral.msn.com/ip/msnart40.asp
    Impounded impressions of aggressive democracy see lil need to help poverty/
    A land of freedom? Of wealth? Of justice?
    I fear not for me, but for my children to wake up and see, that I am nothing but a slave
    In modern society

Angry

You gotta be kidding ! Here we go again with the knee-jerk response to so many tragidies today, make the buck. I say watch your kids, be involved with their lives, teach them the difference from right and wrong, and watch for changes in behavior that can't be explained easily by puberty. Talk to other parents and teachers. Don jump on the "its all the computer or movies or TV's fault hell it just as much yours......
    "Sometimes Death smiles at a man and the best a man can do is smile back"-Marcus Arillius

It's sad what our world has come to today. Everybody is interested in how they can benefit from a tragedy.

WTF?!? i guess some people just cant accept the fact that their kids are F@^ked up in the head, so they try pulling stupid $h|t like shooting up a buncha people who made fun of them.
    "Computers are useless, they can only give you answers"
    -Pablo Picasso

Elbatcho

How about they sue the family's of the people who were bullieing these kids. Come on this is such a crock. This is typical of people. What are they trying to acomplish here. That's all I am going to say about this.

Well I am going to start a petition of all the crazed people I know that WOULD go and shoot up their work if the didn't have video games as an outlet to their agression.

They say the massacre would not have occurred without the marketing of video games, particularly the game "Doom," which they say influenced the two gunmen.

This is retarded. DOOM influences people to act out violently. I am going to Sue FORD next time I get a speeding ticket cause those darn mustang commercials influence me to speed. WTF WAKE UP. One word. ACCOUNTABILITY. The kids that did the shooting are responsible for their actions PERIOD.
    "We have assumed control"

i am sad what happened to them but geez ...

i guess this means we can sue Bill Gates for the headaches we have had in windows ... same thing isnt it!
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

Originally posted by TheLow1:
    Well I am going to start a petition of all the crazed people I know that WOULD go and shoot up their work if the didn't have video games as an outlet to their agression.

Amen
    Impounded impressions of aggressive democracy see lil need to help poverty/
    A land of freedom? Of wealth? Of justice?
    I fear not for me, but for my children to wake up and see, that I am nothing but a slave
    In modern society

P.S Besides, if doom influenced everyone to kill people, well, then i think over half of our population in the US woulda been killed off already.

Also, if you do feel infulenced to go shoot people up with guns, play paintball
    "Computers are useless, they can only give you answers"
    -Pablo Picasso

... Don jump on the "its all the computer or movies or TV's fault hell it just as much yours...... [/B]
    I wonder how many of these "bad" games were given to kids from "Santa", or as birthday presents, etc....?
    There are only two things in life, but I forgot what they are. --John Hiatt

Originally posted by Jallentino:

This is retarded. DOOM influences people to act out violently. I am going to Sue FORD next time I get a speeding ticket cause those darn mustang commercials influence me to speed. WTF WAKE UP. One word. ACCOUNTABILITY. The kids that did the shooting are responsible for their actions PERIOD.
    I fully agree
    Some people say i am indecisive, but i dont think i am, but sometimes i do.

Okay, I'm gonna sue Robin Williams, Rowan Atkinson, and Drew Carey for making it impossible for me to take anything seriously. In court, I will prove my point by making fun of the judge. When I'm successful at that, I'll come back and sue Windrivers for making me a geek.

This is SERIOUSLY lame.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

I'VE GOT IT...

I am going to sue Sessame Street because I was immitating them and I crammed my green friend in a trash can where he later died. Oh the horror, the pain, I can't go on.

They left out ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, WB, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, TMC, Universal Studios, Columbia Pictures, 20th Century Fox and all the ones I forgot, because they all have produced, broadcast, or reported violence.

Then there are the magazines like Soldier of Fortune, Guns and Ammo etc.

Gangster rap...can't forget that. Sue the RIAA.

Gun makers, because you know that those gun ads all say "Kill people". Right there in the fine print.

Who made those trench coats? Did they need to be made so they would conceal a weapon?

Did these guys walk to school? How about suing the car, truck, bus maker that gave them the ride to school.

I don't try an make a joke out of what happened cause frankly it makes me sick. But, I am so sick of the finger pointing. The parents and the guy that gave these idiots the guns got sued. I think that is enough. Quit trying to cash in your childs death. Money will not bring them back. Saying it is the fault of game makers will not bring them back. I play violent games, I don't kill. I play race car games, I don't speed. How many millions of copies of these games are out there?

Those two jackasses were just plain sick in the head.