Camaro VS Civic?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Camaro VS Civic?

Microsoft Headquarters, 7th level of Hell

Angry Camaro VS Civic?

I dont know if anyone remembers my last Camaro related post or not but here goes-
    Got a 91 camaro with a 350 sb 5.7L V8
    (oooooh)
    Got her running good and fast.
    It rumbles so loud the windows in my house rattle.
    Its mean looking- Now then let me ask you this-WHY THE F*CK DO ALL THESE I-4 CIVICS keep trying me???
    They know im faster and better and most importantly prettier. but they still roll up next to me at a stoplight with their little car and rev their little engine-and when the light turns green they floor their little gas peddle while tap my big one and dust them. So whats the deal they cant beat me and i end up wasting gas in the process and risk a speeding ticket. so what should i do? A friend of mine suggested these special paint ball guns for your car should i get these and tag these little civics?
    AMD Athlon T-Bird 1.2 gigahurtz
    1.045 gigabytes pc 2100 DDR Ram
    2X 40 GB HDDs running in raid as 1 80 GB Ultra Scusi 160
    Geforce 2 MX 64mb
    Soundblaster X-Gamer

I know this is just evil of me but..... why not set up a paintball gun or something so when you pull directly in front of a luser you can pelt them with it.

Microsoft Headquarters, 7th level of Hell

im lookin in to that-also a friend of mine has his SS rigged up with flaming side exhaust. If he gets caught he will be in lots of trouble on account of all the doors he has melted shut.
    i want that
    AMD Athlon T-Bird 1.2 gigahurtz
    1.045 gigabytes pc 2100 DDR Ram
    2X 40 GB HDDs running in raid as 1 80 GB Ultra Scusi 160
    Geforce 2 MX 64mb
    Soundblaster X-Gamer

Please haha dont want to(camaro) get involved (camaro) in another racing (camaro) argument. All cars (camaro) are great in their own (camaro) way (camaro).
    Some people say i am indecisive, but i dont think i am, but sometimes i do.

Cool

My friend has a 2000 Camaro SS with the RAM air hood and 320 Horsepower. Unfortunately, another friend of mine that I work with has a 1995 Trans Am with a PowerDyne supercharger with 450 Horsepower. Needless to say my first friend is now looking at upgrades from SLP to see what he'll have to spend to play. They both love to slap the Mustangs around though.

It's the rice boy mentality. This is not to be derogatory against asians, but the whole import car scene, which comprise of asians, blacks, whites, hispanic and others. The thing is, some one some where came up with the idea that Camaros and Mustangs are only good for straight ahead speed. This is not my thinking. So dont flame me for it. Anyhoo, rice boys took this to heart. The other factor is that magazines, in order to sell their products have what I call fantasy HP to thier parts. For example, if an advertiser has an exhaust, they will say it will add 25 HP to their car, etc. So take into account all the add ons that Civic owner probably had:

Civic stock - 100 hp
    Exhaust - 25 hp
    Cold air Intake 10 hp
    Racing sticker - 5 hp
    Wing - 5 hp
    Colored Spark plug wires - 5 hp
    Custom Oil Cap - 5 hp
    Altezza Clear lights - 5 hp
    Light alloy rims - 5 hp
    Lowering springs dont add HP but do make car handle better since Camaros and Mustangs don't corner.

ok so tally up that 195hp this kid thinks his car has. Now Since his civic comes with only 100 hp stock, they KNOW that the Mustang or Camaro comes with the same amount.

So to his thinking a stock Camaro/Mustang with 100hp will not stack against his 195 hp Civic.

(This is stricktly from the mind of a rice boy and not something I beleive in)
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

Registered User Stanley_Kubrick's Avatar

Talking

Whoa. I gotta get me one of them oil caps...
    Jesus Saves.

Gretzky recovers... He shoots... HE SCORES!!!

Originally posted by Lycia:
    So take into account all the add ons that Civic owner probably had:

Civic stock - 100 hp
    Exhaust - 25 hp
    Cold air Intake 10 hp
    Racing sticker - 5 hp
    Wing - 5 hp
    Custom Oil Cap - 5 hp
    Light alloy rims - 5 hp
    Lowering springs dont add HP but do make car handle better since Camaros and Mustangs don't corner.

ok so tally up that 195hp this kid thinks his car has. Now Since his civic comes with only 100 hp stock, they KNOW that the Mustang or Camaro comes with the same amount.

So to his thinking a stock Camaro/Mustang with 100hp will not stack against his 195 hp Civic.

ROTFLMAO!!!

I didnt know that someone had an upgrade list that coencided with what the ricers think.

BTW - I dont know about camaros...but mustangs are exceptional when it comes to corners & handling. Also...where can I find one of these 100 hp mustangs or camaros....all of the ones I see have at least 200 (the cobras & ss's have 305 hp)

I knew that those yellow stickers added power

YELLOW = PERFORMANCE
    I'm just a sinner saved by grace.

Most importantly, don't forget those deluxe windshield wipers they must add another 10 hp or so.
    LOL Lycia that's a great post.
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

BTW I have a stock '74 Camaro with a 350 that lays down 35 foot treadmarks through all 3 gears from a stand still ( I had to lay off I was running out of parking lot )

It's a good car and the engine is brand new, only 2k miles on it. I'll post a pic of it sometime. The guy that owned it before me ( he died a few years ago) was very anal about this car so it was garage kept and washed and waxed every weekend. It even has the original ( in execellent condition) Chevy hubcaps. But no rear spoiler, it really is original. Do you guys think I should add the spoiler or leave it as is??
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up

Originally posted by Budster64:
    BTW I have a stock '74 Camaro with a 350 that lays down 35 foot treadmarks through all 3 gears from a stand still ( I had to lay off I was running out of parking lot )

It's a good car and the engine is brand new, only 2k miles on it. I'll post a pic of it sometime. The guy that owned it before me ( he died a few years ago) was very anal about this car so it was garage kept and washed and waxed every weekend. It even has the original ( in execellent condition) Chevy hubcaps. But no rear spoiler, it really is original. Do you guys think I should add the spoiler or leave it as is??
    I'd leave it, if it is that well kept and original. It sounds awesome
    I'm just a sinner saved by grace.

really it is...the cars been sitting in the garage since the guy died a few years ago. He had every receipt for anything he did to it so that's how I know the engine really has only 2k on it and it was installed at a GM dealership. It's got a vinyl roof that has not one tear or blemish on it.
    The interior is decent but the drivers seat has a tear in the leather ( black interior Canary yellow outside, also original and it still has a high gloss) but I can get that fixed. I snagged this car for 3K and spent another 1,200 to flush it out put new tires,battery air compressor for the AC. Some guy saw it on the lot and offered the guy there 7K cash for it on the spot.
    Yea I guess I will just fix the things that need fixing and leave it be. I'll tell ya, this will be the first time in my life I own a car that's actually appreciating in value.
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up

Originally posted by Lycia:
    It's the rice boy mentality. This is not to be derogatory against asians, but the whole import car scene, which comprise of asians, blacks, whites, hispanic and others. The thing is, some one some where came up with the idea that Camaros and Mustangs are only good for straight ahead speed. This is not my thinking. So dont flame me for it. Anyhoo, rice boys took this to heart. The other factor is that magazines, in order to sell their products have what I call fantasy HP to thier parts. For example, if an advertiser has an exhaust, they will say it will add 25 HP to their car, etc. So take into account all the add ons that Civic owner probably had:

Civic stock - 100 hp
    Exhaust - 25 hp
    Cold air Intake 10 hp
    Racing sticker - 5 hp
    Wing - 5 hp
    Custom Oil Cap - 5 hp
    Light alloy rims - 5 hp

I do not know of ANY Camaros that come with 100hp stock. Maybe the Mustang 4-bangers, but no the bowtie.

Also, don't forget about the roll cage bars inside those Civics. They add at least 35hp.

My car...2001 Dale Earnhardt #3 Chevy Monte Carlo. A grocery getter with 750+hp!!! Minimum speed is 100+mph and it corners well when turning left.
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

LMAO lycia.

Don't knock the Rice Burner's to much though.

I've only been pipped a coupla times in the poxy work Nissan Sentra('90, 1600cc). It's usually accessorised Civic/Prelude drivers that want to have a go. To much weight in the big stereo, spoiler and fluffy dice! Man they get pissed off sometimes, especially the V8 drivers.

I challenge any one of you to take down one of the new World Rally Car replicas though. Those things rock, especially off the mark and around the bends.
    To prove something, one must first try to disprove it.

Originally posted by Antimatter:
    LMAO lycia.

Don't knock the Rice Burner's to much though.

I've only been pipped a coupla times in the poxy work Nissan Sentra('90, 1600cc). It's usually accessorised Civic/Prelude drivers that want to have a go. To much weight in the big stereo, spoiler and fluffy dice! Man they get pissed off sometimes, especially the V8 drivers.

I challenge any one of you to take down one of the new World Rally Car replicas though. Those things rock, especially off the mark and around the bends.
    Dont get me wrong, I have 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, I love my car, even with the big exhaust. I do love ripping the other imports and a few V8s.

Speaking of the WRC cars...I had a chance to go against the Subaru WRX. Man what a car. I was able to keep up with it. Of course, a friend had modified mine before I bought it and the WRX was bone stock off the lot...

I learned stop light racing from my dad...sigh so many tickets..I'm sure he's proud of me keeping up the family tradition...
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."