Camaro VS Civic? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Camaro VS Civic?

Talking

What's the matter Ghostfleet? Cat got your tongue? No flippant remarks......hmmmmm.....
    When all else fails use HAND AND FOOT MODULATION

Originally posted by MacGyver:
    Hello people! Anybody HOME?!!?!? This thread started out as some poor soul who was looking for a way to deal with people who wanted to race him, when he did not want to participate. Unless I am mistaken, I am the one of a few to actually give the guy an honest answer in the entire 59 posts of what has become an utterly silly thread. He doesn't want to soup up his ride so he can race them! So why are we discussing it anyway?

Excuse me if I am stepping off my turf, but I am a moderator at another UBB forum and I know when a thread has gone off topic. May I suggest that this thread go back on topic or it should be closed by one of the mods.

You can always start another topic if you want. I am just thinking back to the genuine feelings of the topic starter in an effort for advice, and now this thread is filled with useless chatter for the most part.

Enough said.
    Whoa. i hadn't realised how far off track we'd gone. My apologies for contributing to taking your thread off topic, BSOD.
    To prove something, one must first try to disprove it.

Originally posted by Budster64:
    As I stated earlier, every car has the potential to up it's HP. Whatever can be done to make the Viper 800hp, can be done to say a SupraTwinTurbo. Probably cheaper too.

yep, I couldn't agree more with you Lycia.
    The only difference is that I can go out and buy ( yea I wish) a Viper right off the assembly line that has 460 HP @ 5200 rpm. But it's gonna cost me. Or I can have Dodge put an upgraded V10 that'll come off the assembly line at 650HP. but it's gonna cost me. or I can install two giant HKS GT3240 turbochargers ( I don't think Nissan has that as an option on their Skylines do they? ) but it's gonna cost me.

so yea I agree with you you can boost ANY car depending on what your wallet can afford.
    But straight off the assembly line with no mods? no comparison.

But I will say this, you definitely know your cars.

Actually yes you can buy a Nissan Nismo 400R off the rack with 400 base hp. This is a highly modified (by Nismo-Nissan's Race dept.)Skyline GT-R. http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/400r.html
    Most Japanese car companies offer the same typ for their cars. The thing is, Japanese have weird restrictions regarding horse power. Apparently there is some sort of unwritten rule between all the Japanese Car companies that limits hp to 280. However, all companies make specials, such as the 400r, which push the envelope.

Having a Dad who used to work 9-10 hours a day on 1964 1/2 Mustang, brothers and thier Chargers and GTOs and boyfriends with their Accords, civic, and others, kinda melts into you.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

Originally posted by Skatman:
    But lets talk about what cars are stock, any modded out car has a chance against another mod car. We all know that a Toyota Supra would kick butt, also a viper stock would kick butt too, but a skyline stock beat either of them?

Yes, a stock Skyline could possibly beat the supra, however, I have no accounts of a Stock Skyline racing a Viper.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

Originally posted by MacGyver:
    Hello people! Anybody HOME?!!?!? This thread started out as some poor soul who was looking for a way to deal with people who wanted to race him, when he did not want to participate. Unless I am mistaken, I am the one of a few to actually give the guy an honest answer in the entire 59 posts of what has become an utterly silly thread. He doesn't want to soup up his ride so he can race them! So why are we discussing it anyway?

Excuse me if I am stepping off my turf, but I am a moderator at another UBB forum and I know when a thread has gone off topic. May I suggest that this thread go back on topic or it should be closed by one of the mods.

You can always start another topic if you want. I am just thinking back to the genuine feelings of the topic starter in an effort for advice, and now this thread is filled with useless chatter for the most part.

Enough said.
    Actually I gave a possibility as to why the Civic owner wanted to race. I don't see why their is a problem? Does it really matter that we went off topic? I thought he was really just venting with a rhetorical question rather than searching for an actual solution.
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

Originally posted by Lycia:

Actually yes you can buy a Nissan Nismo 400R off the rack with 400 base hp. This is a highly modified (by Nismo-Nissan's Race dept.)Skyline GT-R. http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/400r.html
    Most Japanese car companies offer the same typ for their cars. The thing is, Japanese have weird restrictions regarding horse power. Apparently there is some sort of unwritten rule between all the Japanese Car companies that limits hp to 280. However, all companies make specials, such as the 400r, which push the envelope.

Having a Dad who used to work 9-10 hours a day on 1964 1/2 Mustang, brothers and thier Chargers and GTOs and boyfriends with their Accords, civic, and others, kinda melts into you.
    Well, concerning the Japanese cars and in the words of Johnny Carson " I did not know that"
    And LOL yes I can see where you get your car knowledge from.

When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

Originally posted by Budster64:
    As I stated earlier, every car has the potential to up it's HP. Whatever can be done to make the Viper 800hp, can be done to say a SupraTwinTurbo. Probably cheaper too.

yep, I couldn't agree more with you Lycia.
    The only difference is that I can go out and buy ( yea I wish) a Viper right off the assembly line that has 460 HP @ 5200 rpm. But it's gonna cost me. Or I can have Dodge put an upgraded V10 that'll come off the assembly line at 650HP. but it's gonna cost me. or I can install two giant HKS GT3240 turbochargers ( I don't think Nissan has that as an option on their Skylines do they? ) but it's gonna cost me.

so yea I agree with you you can boost ANY car depending on what your wallet can afford.
    But straight off the assembly line with no mods? no comparison.

But I will say this, you definitely know your cars.
    but who would want an 800 horsepower civic that sounds like a delta 6800 rpm fan!? (loud high-pitched whine) its not just about the speed, or the V8. its about the sound of a dodge viper modified by HMS, or a mustang FR500. Or even the feel of a good old american muscle car. thats not something your gonna get from a toyota supra or a nissan skyline.

Originally posted by Antimatter:
    Whoa. i hadn't realised how far off track we'd gone. My apologies for contributing to taking your thread off topic, BSOD.
    BSOD is no poor soul. he takes great pleasure in dishing out the whoop a$$ to all who step in line. and rightly so, but it would get annoying to be tried at every red light (which he does).

Originally posted by rootbeer_god:
    but who would want an 800 horsepower civic that sounds like a delta 6800 rpm fan!? (loud high-pitched whine) its not just about the speed, or the V8. its about the sound of a dodge viper modified by HMS, or a mustang FR500. Or even the feel of a good old american muscle car. thats not something your gonna get from a toyota supra or a nissan skyline.
    The same can be said about Harleys...with good reason
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up

Originally posted by rootbeer_god:

But not everyone thinks the sound of a mustang is great. Personally I like the GT sound of Porsches. And not all Japanese Imports sound like that. There are mufflers that make a rich bass or baritone. It jsut depends. What you said about mustangs, can be said about Japanese Imports. And having an 800hp Civic is an acomplishment considering that car wasn't anywhere near that to begin with. It's the same as a person buying a Viper then upgrading it to go over 800hp. They want/can do.

The bottom line is this: There is no winner in a Japanese Import vs American Domestic. Each car has strengths and weaknesses. We all have a choice as to which car will suit are needs, whether it's a 285 hp Mustang or a 96hp Civic. Funny thing is, the people who mod their Japanese imports have a lot in common with people who mod thier GTOs, Camaros, Mustangs, etc. The quest for high performance. So rather than trying to beat each other up for not choosing a mustang over a Civic, or a Supra over a Vette, why not just share a common love of modifying ones car?
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

Trying not to appear a bit Clintonesque I have to agree with you Lycia.
    That's a very lucid and sound statement.
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up

if what you want is a "holly f*&^ing sh*^" edge of death ride....dont buy a car...buy a bike =) just about ANY stock sport bike will get you to the finish line WAY ahead of ANY stock car...its a power to weight ratio thing. i will say this though...as Mac stated...save your racing for the track. there are those of us who would like to make it to our destination in one piece thank you.
    ""in certain cases...one remains a philosopher only by being silent." -Friedrich Neitzsche "

You know - I hate to be the devil's advocate - I watched a modified Civic HX go 0-60 in 3.2 secs - beat a ferrari - now there is no way that your average Civic can even come close to touching v-8 power, but I have seen it beat before - if you really want an education in what imports can do visit an import drag show.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010