What do you all do on your PCs?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you all do on your PCs?

Post What do you all do on your PCs?

Everyone, I'd like to know..what do you all DO on your PC? Do you do simple things like surf the Internet? Or do you do more stuff like editing videos, downloading MP3s, managing websites, making Flash content?

Tell me, I need an excuse to get up to 200 posts so I can get a custom avatar!

I have a better idea, jpbtennisman, why don't you go to the company forums and help some people instead of making idle conversation? That's a fast way to get lots of posts and you help ppl in the process.

With my computer, I write letters and memos, do engineering calcs with spreadsheets and 3rd party software, HTML, AutoCAD, play Scrabble against ppl all over, help find a cure for cancer, sync to my Palm Pilot, play MP3's, download MP3's, share MP3's, administer a Netware network, email, FTP, surf the www, edit digital images, keep track of recipies, burn CD's, talk to ppl all over via MSN Messenger/ICQ, and oh yeah, I actually back it up on tape.

Mostly work stuff (on my laptop, Louie)....at home, school stuff and burn alot of cd's...i get burnt out at work, so I don't really do alot on it at home...
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Darren Wilson

Surf the Internet, host 'Adult' FTP server (and no I am not giving out the details to enter it), design web sites, Tech support, play The Sims & Black & White.

CobraTekMax

I mainly play Black & White these days. I used to do other stuff. But now it's just Black & White.

Oh, and sometimes I work on my lame-o web page.

Originally posted by MacGyver:
    I have a better idea, jpbtennisman, why don't you go to the company forums and help some people instead of making idle conversation? That's a fast way to get lots of posts and you help ppl in the process.
    I doubt I can be of much use. While you guys fill up this thread, I'll go to the Tech-To-Tech forum.

You mean besides hang out here?
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

yeah, go out to Windows 2000 OS and help me with my problem....

PPPLLEEEAAASSEEEE?????????

Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

I usualy get burned out from work, now that I have a girlfiend I dont surf for adult content as mutch. play a little black&white (thanks cobra) or mess around with other piddly sh#t.

Well, right now I'm working on trying to get my custom avatar installed. I don't usually do anything on my home PC. I have been getting the itch to do some more mods. All I need to do is find my Dremel, and think of something to do to my case.
    end of line.

jimmr13

With my computer, I write letters and memos, do engineering calcs with spreadsheets and 3rd party software, HTML, AutoCAD, play Scrabble against ppl all over, help find a cure for cancer, sync to my Palm Pilot, play MP3's, download MP3's, share MP3's, administer a Netware network, email, FTP, surf the www, edit digital images, keep track of recipies, burn CD's, talk to ppl all over via MSN Messenger/ICQ, and oh yeah, I actually back it up on tape.
    Yep that's about the same here Plus Mod 3 websites, an admin an NT Network. But I agree with Mac. on his first paragraph 100%

Cure for cancer...are you an MD or something?

BTW PuterGirl, I answered 2 of your questions on the 2K board.

Windrivers forums, burn backup CDs, burn custom music CDs, edit photos, type documents, email, ftp, www, listen to music, administer a NT domain, spreadsheets for work, work on my resume, play Hot Pursuit, play virtual pool, admin a proxy/firewall, buy stuff online, watch lots of movies, and generally waste time.
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

PLay games, admin an NT domain, play games, admin an oracle apps server, play games, watch DVDs, play games, admin Discoverer for Oracle, play games, Graphics and animation, play games, Burn CD's, play games, play MP3's, play games, TRY and help people on Windrivers, play games, Surf the net, play games on the net, Desktop publishing, play games, use to chat but really got burnt out on it, play games.

Did I mention I play games?
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

Originally posted by Budster64:
    Did I mention I play games?
    I don't believe you did!