Computer Pranks - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Pranks

[quote]Originally posted by DaTaMan:
    <strong>I know you said no wallpaper gags, but this one rulez. do a printscreen of the desktop, turn on active desktop, select hide icons when viewed as a web page, and then set the wallpaper to the screenshot of the desktop you took. I have driven many people bananas with this little gag. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I do the same but I like to put up an image of an illegal operations error to see how many times they reboot before they figure out that the system isn't frozen up.

Registered User Lt. Cmdr. DaTaMan's Avatar

[quote]Originally posted by ilovetheusers:
    <strong>

I do the same but I like to put up an image of an illegal operations error to see how many times they reboot before they figure out that the system isn't frozen up.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Is there any place to download BSOD images? That would be the coolest wallpaper! Gotta try that on my dumb@$$ boss!
    The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not *EDITED BY SOWULO*

[quote]Originally posted by mhull616:
    <strong>A budy of mine and I took the sound files from AOL and joined them together in this very long string repeating "welcome" Goodbye" "You've Got Mail", and the door opening and all the other sounds. It was a good minute long. Then we associated the wav file with all actions and sat back and watched... It was great....</strong><hr></blockquote>

LMAO! I gotta remember this one!
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

Kinda requires a bit of work, if you could call it that. Go out and find the raunchiest pr0n site imaginable with tons of hideous popups and set it up as home page. Hopefully they wouldn't know about Alt-F4 and would try to close everything by mouse. Fun bit of panicked clicking to watch. A simple little prog to make their system speaker sound off is also fun. Changing their color scheme to eggplant, resolution to 640x480, default 72 point font for everything, and removing the tabs in display properties (Reg hack, just tell me if you want it). And if you have the time to spare, downgrading that comps memory to about 8MB is always good for a sadistic laugh.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Cool

Not exactly computer related, but slip a 9v battery into a urinal, and wait for the scream!
    "Being dodgy since 1980."

Registered User Lt. Cmdr. DaTaMan's Avatar

[quote]Originally posted by thetilb:
    <strong>Not exactly computer related, but slip a 9v battery into a urinal, and wait for the scream!</strong><hr></blockquote>

ROFLMFAO!!!!! I've got to try that!
    The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not *EDITED BY SOWULO*

<strong>Not exactly computer related, but slip a 9v battery into a urinal, and wait for the scream!</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's evil!

Does that really work? I may need to test this prank. I'll let you know how things turn out..

Question

This stuff is hilarious! Keep em coming...
    user: "I'm having problems settting up my laptop. Can u help me?"
    me: "Sure, no problem"
    user: "Ok, let me open the box up"

[quote]Originally posted by AbSoLuTeZeR0:
    <strong>well anyway for revenge i subscribed her to recieve free condoms samples and free lubrications and ky jelly samples to her house. she lives with her parents so her parents will see her ky jelly and condoms .

heheheheehehe

MWHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHHAHAHA

</strong><hr></blockquote>

ROTFLMAO!

Cool

I know it's wallpaper, but this one is good....

Best one I ever pulled was on this guy at work who is a HUGE Michael Schumacher fan (F1 auto racing). I was looking for some antivirus updates at Computer Associates' site, who happens to be a major sponsor for Schumacher's biggest rival, Mika Hakkinen. CA had this huge wallpaper-sized collage photo, which featured Hakkinen in the center hoisting the F1 championship trophy. The temptation was too much to resist, so I enacted a Novell ZENworks policy that would force this guy's wallpaper to the Hakkinen one on login(replacing his Schumacher wallpaper in the process!) Plus once the change was made, the display control panel was restricted so he couldn't change it back.

He said he's killed people for less than that

simple yet effective.. on either their phone or network cable rj-45(male end) place a bit of scotch tape... while they go nuts trying to figger out why theres no DT or internet, you can die laffing
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

[geek code]
    v3.12
    GCS
    d- s: a-- C++>$ US>$ UL>$ P+ L+ E--- W++>$ N K- w O---- PS PE Y+ t+ 5++ X R tv+ b+ DI+ D+ G e h-- r+ y++
    [/geek code]

[quote]Originally posted by Imon Fyre:
    <strong>simple yet effective.. on either their phone or network cable rj-45(male end) place a bit of scotch tape... while they go nuts trying to figger out why theres no DT or internet, you can die laffing </strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm gonna have to try that one!

heres a really funny one i did in a computer lab @ queens university when i was there for an enrichment prog in gr. 11...

a couple of friends that i had made that week in class were a couple of row up on the other side of the room in a muchmusic chatroom... so me and one of the guys in my group got into the chat room and started chatting with them...

both me and my buddy were sittin there laffin our @$$es off, and then we decided to end it, and we said hi to the guy that was there, cuz it was one of the 2 girls in the class that was sittin there doin the talkin... he freaked right out when we did that and i just about pissed my self laffing..

best prank ever!!!!!
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

[geek code]
    v3.12
    GCS
    d- s: a-- C++>$ US>$ UL>$ P+ L+ E--- W++>$ N K- w O---- PS PE Y+ t+ 5++ X R tv+ b+ DI+ D+ G e h-- r+ y++
    [/geek code]

I love this stuff!

I've also done the classic wallpaper replacement (had a teacher staring in amazement at her screen for 20 min.).

My favorite is adding a reboot command in the startup menu and/or autoexec.bat and/or <a href="http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/109/" target="_blank">registry</a> of my victim.

Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams