Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh

Unhappy Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh

So, has justice been done? It took way to long for this murderer to be executed? Who are they executing next? Has anyone else been convicted?

It's pretty silent around the office so far this morning.

All apologies go out to the lost ones...

American style. Kill em all.
    Hard work often pays off in the long run, but Lazyness always pays off now.

Just wait, the media/press haven't even started in yet. The media/press are setting up a huge political stage, they will exploit every last whisper.

Arrow

I remember when this all happened back in my sophomore year in high school, and now around 7 years later they are finally shooting him up. Gotta say it's about damn time.
    *The official eating utensil of all WinDrivers members*

I agree Spork. I remember this was ALL I heard the whole time I was in the hospital having my son. (he was born on 4-21-95)...He's now 6..so yep..its about time!

I don't know who is next if anyone I this, but was wondering the same thing!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Originally posted by PuterGeekGirl:
    <STRONG>I agree Spork. I remember this was ALL I heard the whole time I was in the hospital having my son. (he was born on 4-21-95)...He's now 6..so yep..its about time!

I don't know who is next if anyone I this, but was wondering the same thing!</STRONG>

Well, McVeigh would never give in to the FBI or Federal Court system. They will never know the entire bomb planning nor who all was involved. All the evedence is gone.

I returned from a deployment the day the bombing happened. I pulled in about an hour after it happened. It was so unreal that I couldn't beleive it even happened. I won't express my opinion, but the sight of the kids was powerful enough.
    God is all knowing, I am just human.

This is sad but at least the families might get a little closure and the next kook that decides to plant a bomb might think twice. hopefully no more chidren die <if only> it would never happen again.
    I can win any argument with any computer made yet. Since they really haven't learned to fight back.

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar

Whatever happened to the punishment fitting the crime? McVeigh was put to death; big deal. He got to go in his sleep. I can only hope to be so lucky when my time comes. His victims sure weren't.

IMHO, he should have had a grenade shoved up his a$$ and had the pin pulled.
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

Originally posted by Lt. Cmdr Klarg:
    <STRONG>...IMHO, he should have had a grenade shoved up his a$$ and had the pin pulled.</STRONG>
    Too many bleeding heart liberals for that to happen. The sad part is that his lawyers made/are making millions of dollars to defend that POS excuse for a human being..
    This space for rent.

Cool

Time to go now, Mr. McVeigh. No, you won't be needing a jacket.

Although I do not support the death penaulty, I would probably feel differently if this had happened to a family member.

nuff' said
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU READING MY SIGNATURE FOR?!?

ONCE A GEEK ALWAYS A GEEK...

Originally posted by Lt. Cmdr Klarg:
    <STRONG>IMHO, he should have had a grenade shoved up his a$$ and had the pin pulled.</STRONG>
    Yeah, but who would clean up the mess?

CobraTekMax

Last time we did this subject, I was one of the most vocal saying that McVeigh deserves to die a brutal, tortuous death. Well, after reading up a bit on the subject, I must say that I was wrong.

I'm not saying that I can justify his actions, and he DOES deserve to be punished, but from what I've read with interviews with McVeigh, I can't see him as the monster every portrays him to be. I instead see a bitter, bitter man who got so frustrated with the government that it drove him over the edge. McVeigh says the Gulf War, in which he served, was where it started, being forced to kill innocent women and children. Then with the Waco & Ruby Ridge incidents, he just couldn't take being ruled by a government out of control that slaughtered innocent people that didn't live up to its ideals.

McVeigh says he didn't realize the Oklahoma City building had a day care center, or he would've picked a different target. But by the same token, he resents the fact that when the US bombed the hell out of buildings in Iraq in the Gulf War, which also had day care centers, the government used the excuse that Iraq "was just using the day cares as a shield".

Before you flame, I'm just stating an opinion. I sympathize with McVeigh, but I believe he does deserve to be punished to the fullest extent the law will allow. I do feel sorry for the guy though, as I think that the double standards of the US government were what finally did him in.

There have also been reports that he did it there specifically because of the Day Care as well. In any sense, I don't think we have the right to kill anyone, just like he didn't. If someone says that he deserves to go to hell because of his sins, then let him wait for hell. Wait it out in a 8X8 concrete cell. His god will punish him once he goes. That is not our job. Also, the whole irony of killing someone to avenge the death of someone(s) is hideously outrageous. He wanted to die and we gave him what he wanted. That's why he doesn't call it an execution and, instead, calls it a state assisted suicide. Just my $0.02 but I think we should have let him rot. Hang pictures of those little kids after the bombing in his jail cell and let him look at those all day.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.