windrivers community = impressive
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: windrivers community = impressive

Post windrivers community = impressive

Every now and again I am taken aback and amazed by things I normally take for granted. I often have these moments when I'm playing ALICE or some other taxing 3d game or listening to MP3 on my computer. I think "geez how impressive is this! My computer does all this based on electricity and math" It's really quite stunning.

I'm having one of those moments now about the forums here. This is what teamwork and a sense of community created! It really is impressive. In the support topics, questions never seemed to go unanswered and most are actually resolved. forum regulars are patient and friendly with newbies and seem to enjoy taking the time to help other people. In the lounge there don't seem to be any flame wars. Users are friendly with each other in almost every instance.

The mods do a great job of keeping things clean and preventing flame wars from even starting.

Everyone works together really, really well. It it quite impressive, and dare I say a finely tuned machine.

I know I haven't been a regular for all that long, but I've been so impressed by what I've seen since I've been here. I think everyone that contributes to this great community should give themselves a big pat on the back!

if only I could reach my back

[quote]Originally posted by Daemon:
    <strong>if only I could reach my back </strong><hr></blockquote>

do not have arms?
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Thanks for the warm thoughts.

GROUP HUG (ahhhhhhh)

:-Þ
    "We have no time for rational solutions."- G.Carlin

I am amazed at how far technology has advanced in my short lifetime. I am sitting here on my back porch with two laptop computers wirelessly connected to the internet. One computer I am using to check email and WD. The other computer is logged into the company VPN and I am actually doing work. This soo beats cubicle land!!!

As far as WD, I marvel at what can be accomplished in groups. We are starting an internal tech support forum at work to be used by people within our dept. Group collaboration and teamwork is awesome and it really does accomplish quite a bit.
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

This site has seen its share of ups and downs, too. But yeah, I'd have to agree that this is a cool place to be - only because of the cool people that frequent it. - and lest we forget the coolest guy who runs it.

Don't leave out leave out WD Chat. We're very polite when we're on our meds and rarely out and out reduce guests to quivering masses of pun-bludgeoned jello. Drop in anytime; you'll laugh till you cry and you might actually get a prob solved.

WD Forums are great though. All you gotta do is visit just about any other forums and wonder how this one can run so smooth.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

This is the only forum/newsgroup I've ever been consistently involved with ever.

Even though I've disagreed with some and others have disagreed with me when it comes to personal opinions, it's comforting to know that - like a family - acceptance isn't based on what you think, but who you are. We can agree to disagree and still respect each other.

This place rocks.

...and a heartfelt "thank you" to Scott and the moderators. You guys do a terrific job.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Registered User Morticia Addams's Avatar

Yes thank you Scott and thank you Mods.
    A wonderful site and a pleasure to be able to post and contirbute in a non tec manner.Since im am the Tecs wife.

Stupendous...an outstanding acheivement by all

its great to be part of it all

and Kato what do you think of Alice..I was given a copy last week but am still building my Roller Coaster Tycoon theme park and havne't got around to playing Alice yet...
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

this is really the first forum i would speak in and i liked to thank everyone for being kool

i remember i visited this site like during the late 90's looking for a driver but just glanced at the forums, i didnt really know how to post that much since back then i was just learning about computers and back then i just started using the net.

hope we can continue to be friends and then start an underground society and then take over the world

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Thumbs up

I also agree. We should all thank Scott and all the mods (current and former) for all their hard work!
    #3 1951-2001

[quote]Originally posted by kato2274:
    <strong>forum regulars are patient and friendly with newbies and seem to enjoy taking the time to help other people.</strong><hr></blockquote>

hehe, yea, I try. Somethings take 50 lines to explain, but 10 seconds to do, and it is hard sometimes, but we were all at the 'whats goin on' stage. Just takes time ....and a ton of persistance.

Tattoo addict

[quote]Originally posted by kato2274:
    <strong> I think "geez how impressive is this! My computer does all this based on electricity and math" It's really quite stunning.

In the lounge there don't seem to be any flame wars. Users are friendly with each other in almost every instance.

Everyone works together really, really well. It it quite impressive, and dare I say a finely tuned machine.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

two thoughts come to mind,

first!
    I totally agree and am amazed daily with computers and what they can do.

secondly,I know what you are saying about the flame wars,I cruise 2 other forums,one is ok,and one is totally insane with rudeness and flames and insults,thats why even after over 5000 posts and 2 years at one,I left it for good,and you are right,this place is mellow and friendly.
    I can be myself here.this is a good place to hang out.

Dan