comments about the isa server thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: comments about the isa server thread

Exclamation comments about the isa server thread

<strong>Originally posted in the "ISA Server" thread.</strong>

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SubZero:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DocPC:
    <strong>How is inappropriate? It is my opinion. Everyone elese's are still here.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Because You are not contributing to the conversation in an appropriate manner. If you want to discuss this further, take it to pm!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">To comment on SubZero's remark, it is my opinion that with the exception of chipcreep everyone that posted in the "ISA Servers" thread, including me, were not contributing to the original conversation. I find it highly amusing that no moderator posted anything publicly until 4 pages into the discussion. I normally notice a moderator showing up fairly quickly with a post saying something to the effect of "stay on topic" or "open a new thread if you have another conversation or topic". One last question. Why was the thread moved from whatever section it was in to the tech lounge in the first place?
    "I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn."

Potential Bumper Sticker: "Wiggle your mouse, it's just a screensaver."

I am assuming that the thread was moved to tech lounge because it degenerated so quickly. Scott (WinDrivers) moved the thread, and he allowed it to continue, so I am merely doing the same.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SubZero:
    <strong>I am assuming that the thread was moved to tech lounge because it degenerated so quickly. Scott (WinDrivers) moved the thread, and he allowed it to continue, so I am merely doing the same.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK, I was just wondering why this thread lasted as long as it did when other less controversal threads were closed or resolved so quickly. I would still like to know Scott's reasoning for allowing the thread to continue when other threads were closed or deleted when they "degenerated so quickly".

Perhaps because valid points are being made on both sides? Is that not the point of a forum?

Edit: both sides.... mmm I mean, many sides, there are a number of facets to this.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Registered User Morticia Addams's Avatar

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by CW_WD_RIOT:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SubZero:
    <strong>I am assuming that the thread was moved to tech lounge because it degenerated so quickly. Scott (WinDrivers) moved the thread, and he allowed it to continue, so I am merely doing the same.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK, I was just wondering why this thread lasted as long as it did when other less controversal threads were closed or resolved so quickly.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">here here !!!

Because the moderator that usually does it correctly got chased off.......
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Give it a rest Doc. You haven't posted an on topic reply in either thread today. If you want to complain about the deleted posts, you can either fill up my private messages, or email [email protected]

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by NooNoo:
    <strong>Perhaps because valid points are being made on both sides? Is that not the point of a forum?

Edit: both sides.... mmm I mean, many sides, there are a number of facets to this.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I understand that. however, if I started a thread asking for help, knowledge, etc. about a computer subject and many people suddenly started commenting that they wouldn't help me becuase of my avatar/signature/whatever and then proceeded to stay off the original topic, a moderator normally would have posted a message saying something to the effect of either "stay on topic" or "continue this in another thread".

Agreed CW WD Riot, but it was so far down the line that I think the "Play-on" rule may apply here.

I have not noticed any further posts from iateyourcat, so I assume the argument is purely academic for the others here.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by CW_WD_RIOT:
    <strong>OK, I was just wondering why this thread lasted as long as it did when other less controversal threads were closed or resolved so quickly. I would still like to know Scott's reasoning for allowing the thread to continue when other threads were closed or deleted when they "degenerated so quickly".</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you would like to know that, I would suggest contacting him.

Banned

And now the subject has changed and has been allowed. Is that ok, can we have the discussion please.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by cleetus:
    <strong>And now the subject has changed and has been allowed. Is that ok, can we have the discussion please.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Considering I never intended to actually stop it...

...yeah.

<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by CW_WD_RIOT:
    <strong>OK, I was just wondering why this thread lasted as long as it did when other less controversal threads were closed or resolved so quickly. I would still like to know Scott's reasoning for allowing the thread to continue when other threads were closed or deleted when they "degenerated so quickly".</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you would like to know that, I would suggest contacting him.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok... you can close this if you'd like.

<strong>Give it a rest Doc. You haven't posted an on topic reply in either thread today. If you want to complain about the deleted posts, you can either fill up my private messages, or email [email protected]</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, Riot asked a question and I answered it. Totally on topic.

As for PM, I don't think so. You don't get it and I won't explain it to you.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Lightbulb

He doesn't get it, Doc. T...r...y......t...a...l...k...i...n...g......r... e...a...l...l...y......s...l...o...w...l...y.
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...