dvd and cd-rom problems

Thread: dvd and cd-rom problems

Question dvd and cd-rom problems

hey guys looking for some tips on 2 problems.

question #1
    i have cheapy 10x dvd drive (prime periferials..however you spell it ..its really late here for me) and it stopped reading cr-r and standard cd media all of the sudden..later on i hooked it back up and tried it again..same thing but i tried a dvd and it reads the dvd fine! ..this is on a microstar k7t pro2-a with a 1GHz thunderdird (newest flash on the bios) and it does the same on win98se and XP pro (dual boot)
    any ideas??

question #2
    i also have a kenwood trueX 72X cdrom drive that wason an old fic VA-503A that would sometimes jsut not be there after i booted up ..a reboot usualy fixed this but, i was burning a disc one day using the kenwood as a source and i got a coaster..so i rebooted and it wasnt there..never was again...now it seems to have no power...completely dead.
    the drive was only about 6-8 months old when this happened..any ideas?

thanx in advance for any responses i get.
    drug interaction precation violation is my past timme!¿!!

Banned

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by obituary:
    <strong>hey guys looking for some tips on 2 problems.

question #1
    i have cheapy 10x dvd drive (prime periferials..however you spell it ..its really late here for me) and it stopped reading cr-r and standard cd media all of the sudden..later on i hooked it back up and tried it again..same thing but i tried a dvd and it reads the dvd fine! ..this is on a microstar k7t pro2-a with a 1GHz thunderdird (newest flash on the bios) and it does the same on win98se and XP pro (dual boot)
    any ideas??

question #2
    i also have a kenwood trueX 72X cdrom drive that wason an old fic VA-503A that would sometimes jsut not be there after i booted up ..a reboot usualy fixed this but, i was burning a disc one day using the kenwood as a source and i got a coaster..so i rebooted and it wasnt there..never was again...now it seems to have no power...completely dead.
    the drive was only about 6-8 months old when this happened..any ideas?

thanx in advance for any responses i get.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">question 1 either clean the lens using a cd cleaner , send it back under warrenty , or use it to read DVDs only ,

question 2 send it back under warrenty , if it has run out now hard luck,

it is pointless telling u to check the leads , power connection , etc as the DVD "does" work.

i don,t know , but where i live (uk) they are giving cd-roms away , last time i looked £17.00 , and DVDs were £37.00 , for a 16x,

maybe flog the dvd off (it is a DVD player after all)and buy a "new" setup.

FtF