[RESOLVED] How did the Quantum Leap series end?

Thread: [RESOLVED] How did the Quantum Leap series end?

RIOT

Post How did the Quantum Leap series end?

The Sci-fi channel was having a Quantum Leap marathon yesterday, and I assume that the last episode they showed was the final episode. In it Dr. Sam Becket goes to this mining town in Penn. While he's there all this strange stuff is happening, and he figures out that the bartender of a bar in the town is the person, god, fate, whatever that has been leaping him throughout time. At the end of the show, Sam talks to Al's wife and tells her that Al is alive and is coming home. Then it goes to back and words come up saying that Beth never remarries, her and Al have three or four kids, and That Sam never leaps home. Was that the real end of the series? I never really watched the show when I was younger, but that just seemed like a sucky ending. Oh well, I'm not going to lose sleep over this, but I was just wondering.....

------------------

MacGyver

Do a search on www.google.com - there must be thousands of fan sites

------------------
    I help others in the name of my Lord, Jesus Christ.

Falcon

Oh man, that show has to be one of the best tv shows of all time!

Unfortunately, that is how the series ended. It was kind of a bummer that Sam never got home to his wife.

However, being a faithful viewer, it was nice to see that Al got to be with his one true love. It was mentioned often that she was the one that changed him forever.

DesertEagle

I have yet to watch a full episode of Quantum Leap. For some reason I find Scott Backula hard to watch and in fact endured searing head pain watching him in Lord Of Illusions. Now that he is in the new Star Trek series Enterprise, I am gonna have to start eating Vicodin pills at every commercial just to get through each show.

------------------
    "Nyquil, nyquil , nyquil, we love you, you giant fu@#ing Q !! "

pHattmAtt

Sadly, that is the last show of the series.

I faithfully watched Quantum Leap thoughout its life, missing episodes only though major external influences (such as forgetting, or my dinner was ready, no tv in the dining room ) only to be stabbed in the back by the script writers/director/production team/distributers/network/bbc 2 (delete as personal opinion dictates).

As a direct result of this I can no longer watch T.V. without a pessimistic outlook, dissecting every plot to point at pathetically hidden twists shouting "Look at this transparent Sh*T, I could write better Cr@p than this".

Except for Farscape, that series rocks...
    Hmmm, Chiana....

Oh, yeah, DesertEagle, I am totally with ya on Scott Bakula (or whatever spelling he uses), not exacly an inspiring choice as a pioneering explorer with nerves of steel and an incisive decision taker...

[This message has been edited by pHattmAtt (edited September 24, 2001).]