[RESOLVED] How did you meet???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] How did you meet???

MorticiaAdams

Resolved [RESOLVED] How did you meet???

Well WD Buddies I was wondering those of you who have mates, How did you meet?
    This may be a personel question ,but you dont have to answer.

I dont know what else to talk about right now since my mind and heart are still in shock and hurt over NY tragedy.Picked up a paper today and couldnt contain myself.

Okay sorry if I rambled just needed to vent a little. Hard to talk to anyone else since moving not having anyone to talk to especially like how us woman like to get things out. Okay Back to SUBJECT at hand.

I met my Husband TaZdrummer on AOL.
    I was not looking for my true love online let me tell you. I was just thinking about how much BS goes on in the chat rooms and meeting some of the people face to face when they lie about who and what they are.
    Well I got a Instant Message with some one who just wanted to talk. And well we continued talking day after day and we had finally went to exchange pictures and as soon as looking at each others pics. We decided to meet.
    Well I had just seen the movie STRANGE LAND and I wasnt up to meeting anyone again from online. He understood He told me I hold the key to when I want to meet. Well after some time passing by He was having a rough night and I said . Im coming over to just give you a hug. And since that day, We have been happily together.
    I trully apologize if this was to long !!!

------------------
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc"(We glady feast on those who would subdue us)

bryan_the_tech

Well the wife and I met each other at the soda machine at work. I was really nervious and asked her were she was from, blah blah. Well She got fired and she managed to get my e-mail before she left.

A week later she e-mails me and I ask if she wants to go out for some drinks. Now we are married two months today! OH! crap I forgot it was two months today! I hope I can get some candy or something before I go home

------------------
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - I am Bracius

FastAndFurious

Talking

Not long at all! I was on vacation in Canada, when my friend was online and started talking to this girl, she was talking to him for a while and he replyed with "I have a girlfriend" but then he suggested me. So while I was in kanada, I got an e-mail(of course I brought my notebook ) from this girl who sent me her picture, Well when I got back down to Naples, We talked online a little bit more, and one night I was driving around talking to her on my cell phone and I happen to be close to her house, so I decided to stop by an dmeet this girl I enjoyed talking to so much. I first meet her and we hung out for about a week(together everynight ) so I asked her out and the rest is history It wasn't too long at all, when you are describing something like the first time you meet your life mate, you tend to get kinda detailed

------------------
    Your Father was a hamster, and your Mother smelt of Elderberries!

dlagace

Believe it or not High School sweethearts over here. I used to throw drink boxes and candy at her because I really didn't like her.Together for a year.Then we went seperate ways for a year or more and have been together since. And Married over four years with three kids.

------------------
    "What works for One person May not work for Another"
    God Is My Judge dLagace=DANIMAL

NooNoo

We first met in a bar - well, met is too strong - I looked at him at the bar and thought nothing at all. He looked at me and thought much the same. We got talking and found we both had something in common. And thats as far as I go right now...

------------------
    Never ever approach a computer saying or thinking, "I will just do this quickly"

The story of how my wife and I met is a classic one.

We met on a telephone dating system. Yes we both met some real FREAKS on there, but we started talking and got along great. We both wanted a little *something*, but not a relationship. So we did that *something* for a while. All this time, we were both at ease with each other. No pretending to be another person, no on your best behavior. You know, the way you act when you first start to date?
    Anyways, we became great friends. We both laughed at the burps and farts we did (how many women do you know of that try to out-burp or out-fart you?) plus the other sick crap that we both like to poke fun of. In a sence, she was "just one of the guys", but all woman. Then the day came when I realized that I loved her.

"THE NEXT MORNING" I called and left a message on her answering machine telling her that I loved her. Funny thing is, the night before she had made the decision to end our relationship because she had feelings for me and it freaked her out. She woke up to "THE NEXT MORNING" and listened to my message (in sheer horror from what she says lol).

Well the rest is history form there. We were married a little over a year later.

Never been happier.

------------------
    I am not clever enough to put anything of any interest in this spot
    U.S. out of U.N.

ad3p4

Hi Morticia, been a while you popped in for a visit! How's Taz and the new job?

I met my wife as I was visiting her father's pool hall on Friday mornings after my last night shift of the week as a security guard. She worked there as a bartender/waitress and also did bookkeeping.

We made small talk throughout the coming weeks. A friend of mine usually accompanied me to play snooker, and one time I commented to him how nice her legs looked.

Of course, being a duffus, he promptly blurted this out to her as she walked by with another customer's order. Emabarassing enough, but it *did* break the ice and bring the conversation to another level.

On one fateful Friday morning, my friend suggested we all go out to watch Patriot Games (Harrison Ford) at the movie theater. He was inviting his girlfriend and suggested that she come along with us. Unbeknownst to me, he had also invited another girl who had a crush on me. He knew this. I did not. The SOB. I was sitting in the back seat between the both of them.

Although the evening was rather stressful in my general vicinity, I eventually ended up spending close to 48 hours straight with my wife to be.

After the evening, we went back to the pool hall (after hours). We talked, got to know each other better. Had breakfast. Went to a cottage by the river for the day. Etc.

6 months later we moved in together and 6 months after that we were married.

We've been married close to 9 years now and have 2 kids, 4 cats. And she can still light up my eyes just by snuggling close to me. (sigh).

Thanks for bringing back these memories!

------------------
    "Expect the unexpected"
    ------------------

Fierce1

Talking

We were the typical high school sweethearts....that was 5 years ago...now were are stuck with each other!

(Happily together!)

------------------
    Go big...or go home!

Things to do when bored at Wal-Mart:
    Take up an entire aisle in toys by setting up a full scale battlefield with G.I. Joes and X-Men.

pakprotector

I met my lovely wife at my cousins New Year's Eve Party in 1982. I had just broke up with a long time girlfriend right before Christmas. My wife to be was also coming out of a relationship. Neither one of us was looking for Mr. or Mrs. Right it just happened. The ironic thing is we both graduated from the same college at the same time (East Tennessee State University 81), new some of the same people, but did not know each other.
    When I asked her to marry me that morning I had 11 red roses delivered to her place of work (she is an ER RN). She didn't know the meaning of the 11 roses. When we went to the resteraunt that night I gave her the 12th rose and a ring and asked her to marry me. She accepted and we've been married 17 years, with 1 son, 1 extremely spoiled Scotch Collie (the daughter my wife didn't have) and many, many special memories.

------------------
    Who were the beta testers for Preparations A through G?

MorticiaAdams

Thanks guys.. You all are some wonderful people. I knew this before this post tho..

Hey ad3p4
    Everything is great.. Taz loves his new job,Im trying to get him to take the Network exam. Finished Max Payne, Almost done with Red Faction. But stuck at the bad dude.
    =) Playing Quake still

------------------
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc"(We glady feast on those who would subdue us)

Jpbtennisman

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by MorticiaAdams:
    I met my Husband TaZdrummer on AOL. </font>
    I hope you're not still using AOL!

------------------
    "It's barnyard lovin' for me!" - Cobra
    "If we ever got a new webmaster, you (Cobra) would be banned and your Word Association thread would be deleted." - Me
    "I don't care if a chip is called the Crap-Tastic 9000, if it's good I'll buy it." - Me

Antec SX840, AMD Athlon 1400@1584 STABLE, Epox 8K7A+, IBM 60GXP 40GB, 20GB Maxtor 7200RPM, Plextor 16x10x40, Pioneer Slot-Loading DVD-ROM, Yamaha 8x8x24 Firewire CD-RW, Maxtor 80GB external Firewire hard drive, ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON 32MB DDR, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Realtek NIC (blech), 1394 card, Thermalright Sk6 with Thermaltake 31cfm

It 0wnz j00!

MorticiaAdams

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by Jpbtennisman:
    I hope you're not still using AOL!

</font>
    NO WAY !!!!
    long gone.. And NOT MISSED

------------------

cc_penguin

Like some others, me and my wife met at high school. She woke me up while I was sleeping in Study Hall, to ask me what my name was. We dated off and on for four years, and have been married for 11 years this past June.

StevePorter

Thumbs up

We met at college...a blind date set up by a mutual friend. We were engaged seven months later (the day before my graduation), and married a year later (a week after her graduation). That was 22 years ago...

------------------
    Some computer problems require extreme solutions. Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to deep fat fry...

Cool

We went to junior high and high school togetherl..but they were pretty big schools and we never were in any classes together. We just kinda knew of each other but weren't really friends.

Anyway, we met again at our ten-year reunion and really hit it off. We were married about a year and a half later. Been married now for over 11 years and have a beautiful girl and a sharp looking boy too.

We thought about having another kid but how can you improve on perfection?

------------------
    "Don't Mess with Texas!" --The Dubya
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!