Tube MOBO anyone?

Thread: Tube MOBO anyone?

Post Tube MOBO anyone?

"SAN JOSE, CA, June 3, 2002 -- AOpen Inc. announced today that it is introducing the world's first vacuum tube motherboard, coinciding with Intel's announcement of the Pentium® 4 845E chipset. The new AX4B-533Tube Motherboard incorporates the novel, modern-day adoption of an idea that was spawned by the invention of the electric light bulb by Thomas A. Edison back in 1879 - the vacuum tube. In taking this bold step towards audio perfection, AOpen's hybrid AX4B-533Tube unquestionably is targeted to a very exclusive niche market - passionate audiophiles and extreme gamers who are interested in building their own ultimate entertaining PCs. The motherboard is also certain to appeal to retailers that desire to cater to these two eccentric groups with custom-built PCs, delivered with matching speaker systems and the latest CD and DVD playback devices."

That’s a cool idea but I don’t know if they should put it on a MOBO. It seems a sound card separately made would be a better choice. Im sure it sounds qreat though. Harteky ( a bass amp company) has been using transient attack (use of tube and solid state together) for years now and their heads sound killer. I would be interested in hearing one but I don’t know if I would want to buy one.
    I dont feel tardy...

ruslan posted the pic a couple of days ago in the computer products forum. <a href="http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000058" target="_blank">Here is the link</a>

I Saw that. Pretty awesome stuff. Anyone tried it hands-on yet.

Not really worth it to anyone but a TRUE audiophile though...since there's only 3 PCI.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jungleman:
    <strong>I Saw that. Pretty awesome stuff. Anyone tried it hands-on yet.

Not really worth it to anyone but a TRUE audiophile though...since there's only 3 PCI.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Calvin & Hobbes wouldn't put with 3 PCI's....hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Found in the Underground...