BuesBuy and Mistaken price: Note for every1. Hope this helps.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BuesBuy and Mistaken price: Note for every1. Hope this helps.

Post BuesBuy and Mistaken price: Note for every1. Hope this helps.

Mistake or not they should give us the card for $129.99 anyway!! I have got a friend of mine who is a lawyer, he is going to have some fun whit this
    He told me that: if you advertise something, it doesn't matter if it was by mistake or not, the ad counts. If you ordered before the change of price, you must be eegible for the deal.

Let's kick Bestbuy's butt!!!!

Dude, not gonna work. They have disclaimers all over their site protecting against things like that. Your "lawyer" friend should know that right off the bat.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

At the bottom of most every add run, in the little print section. There is usually a statement about not being liable for misprints, that clears them of any legalities......Good Luck with it
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Thanks to A d e p t for the avatar!!!!

Im done here

[quote]Originally posted by cc_penguin:
    <strong>At the bottom of most every add run, in the little print section. There is usually a statement about not being liable for misprints, that clears them of any legalities......Good Luck with it</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would think that would apply when the "printing press" would add mistakes by accident. If they put in that price has a mistake (and not a typo) then i could see it applying
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

[quote]Online prices and selection may vary from our retail stores.
    Prices and offers are subject to change.

<hr></blockquote>
    This statement at the bottom of their page, releases them from any legalites.....
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Thanks to A d e p t for the avatar!!!!

Im done here

Yes subject to change...here is what I got...

Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your recent graphics card order.
    A recent systems error on our web site allowed you to
    purchase the VisionTek GeForce4 Ti 4600 Graphics Card at $129.99. The actual
    price for this item is $399.99. Due to the nature of this error, we have
    canceled your order for this item. We apologize for any disappointment this
    cancellation may cause.
    We would like to inform you that the error has been fixed,
    and if you are still interested in ordering this product, please visit
    <a href="http://www.bestbuy.com/ComputersPeripherals/details.asp?e=11099619&m=488&cat" target="_blank">http://www.bestbuy.com/ComputersPeripherals/details.asp?e=11099619&m=488&cat</a>
    =521&scat=522
    <http://www.bestbuy.com/ComputersPeripherals/details.asp?e=11099619&m=488&ca
    t=521&scat=522> to place your order again. This card is available as a
    special pre-order. It will begin shipping on 3/4/2002.

Thank you for your understanding. Please do not hesitate to
    contact us with any questions or concerns.

Best wishes from Best Buy,
    The Customer Care Team

My question is...Why are we responsible for THEIR ERROR?

I'm sorry, But you guys are fools if you think a company is just going to say "Here ya go! Yep we made the mistake! Here's a $400 card we're going to give you for $130!!"

That's like going to Mercedes and trying to buy the $50,000 car for $5,000 cause they left off an "0". You'd get your @$$ laughed off the lot.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

[quote]Originally posted by Lycia:
    <strong>I'm sorry, But you guys are fools if you think a company is just going to say "Here ya go! Yep we made the mistake! Here's a $400 card we're going to give you for $130!!"

That's like going to Mercedes and trying to buy the $50,000 car for $5,000 cause they left off an "0". You'd get your @$$ laughed off the lot.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I can understand the "I am a turd and left off the Zero, or the decimal point is in the wrong place." The price that they had advertised is no where close to the price they wanted to sell it for. I don't really expect to get the cards but I do expect to get something for their mistake.

Survival of the fastest.

I think that Best Buy should honor the error. I mean, both companies are still making money even at 129.00.

Anyhow.. those dumb ads probably go through a couple of screens before putting on the site, why didn't some techie catch it? I mean, anyone doing a site for a company like Best Buy probably knows what a GeForce 4 card will go for, and if they have really dumb people working for them then they need to fire them, honor the orders and get on with life.

Heck, if I were you guys that ordered one, I would check your CC and make sure they didn't charge you the 399 price.

Just a thought

(_|_) I AM EDITED BY WEBHEAD (_|_)

[quote]Originally posted by Prometheus:
    <strong>Mistake or not they should give us the card for $129.99 anyway!! I have got a friend of mine who is a lawyer, he is going to have some fun whit this
    He told me that: if you advertise something, it doesn't matter if it was by mistake or not, the ad counts. If you ordered before the change of price, you must be eegible for the deal.

Let's kick Bestbuy's butt!!!! </strong><hr></blockquote>

Not going to happen. No way No how.
    The early bird may get the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!

[quote]Originally posted by dir/:
    <strong>I think that Best Buy should honor the error. I mean, both companies are still making money even at 129.00.

Anyhow.. those dumb ads probably go through a couple of screens before putting on the site, why didn't some techie catch it? I mean, anyone doing a site for a company like Best Buy probably knows what a GeForce 4 card will go for, and if they have really dumb people working for them then they need to fire them, honor the orders and get on with life.

Heck, if I were you guys that ordered one, I would check your CC and make sure they didn't charge you the 399 price.

Just a thought

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I ordered 4. I imagine I should be the most angry out of anyone here... but I'm not. I knew it was just a matter of time before it was canceled but figured I'd give it a try. And, no, they didn't charge me for it. Not at the original or correct price. People should no better as to not get angry when the order gets canceled. How would you feel if you were running a company and had to take that great of a loss for, probably, 1000+ orders. Not too good I imagine.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

Well...I will let you gus know how this goes. I guess this friend of mine is not the 1st time that deals with such a thing and he is 100% sure he can do something. Since I am not paying....I will let hig do it.

Dude,

Been there done that. All you are going to do is end up wasting your time. Best Buy has it's own legal department. How do you fight that?
    I was here, here I was, was I here? I hope I was....

here's an easy way, walk in the store with a long trench coat, put the video card in the trench coat and walk out.

hehehehehe
    MWHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

If you had your order canceled join in here.

<a href="http://hypothermia.gamershardware.com/" target="_blank">http://hypothermia.gamershardware.com/</a>

Other errors in the news that the company settled out of court to the favor of the customer.

<a href="http://news.com.com/2100-1017-247071.html?legacy=cnet" target="_blank">http://news.com.com/2100-1017-247071.html?legacy=cnet</a>