[RESOLVED] Reply to Schultzz

Thread: [RESOLVED] Reply to Schultzz

Ena Yates

Reply to Schultzz

I checked cables. I did open the case and there are some conecters that are not connected to the motherboard (I do not know the correct term for these}. I didn't conect them because I don't know where they go. Should these be connected to the motherboard? I ran the Scandisk and it says everthing is ok in my c drive. Nowhere does it show that I have a CD Rom. I have an A B @ C. A@B are both floppy drives. Does this mean I uninstalled this and if so, if I reinstall everything in my recycle bin, will that fix it? Thank you for your help.

shawnMt
    It sounds like you cd-rom drivers are corrupt, or missing. Do this: on your desktop, you should have an icon that says "My Computer" - find the icon and RIGHT CLICK on it. You should get a menu with "properties" at the bottom. Click on properties and a new window will open with tabs at the top - the 2nd from the left will say "device manager" - click this (we are going to see if Windows recognizes the cd at all.) Once in Device Manager, there should be a white screen with "Computer" at the top. If you do not see "CDROM" directly below the words "Computer" then Windows does not see the drive at all. It probably will not be there, but I need to be sure before going any further. Let me know and I will do my best to help...