[RESOLVED] Revising a post from Cobra.

Thread: [RESOLVED] Revising a post from Cobra.

Spork

Resolved [RESOLVED] Revising a post from Cobra.

I know Cobra posted this a few days ago, but I just heard about it today and it involved a friend of a family member.

Cobra made a post about the lady who was dating a guy from the Middle East and on 9/1/01 left without notice and only a letter of reason. Well, I stopped at home for lunch today and my mom was talking to my aunt about this. Apparently my aunt's friend was going to college with someone from the Middle East and became really good friends with him. He did the exact same thing. He disappeared on 9/01/01 and left a letter behind stating that he had to leave, but did not state any reason why. He warned her not to take any flights on 9/11/01 and not to visit ANY malls on 10/31/01.

I know when Cobra posted this, I thought it was fake, but when my mom told me about this, I was kinda shocked. I guess my aunt's friend called the FBI, told them what had happened, and the FBI came to her house and talked with her for a few hours.

I know alot of the malls encourage parents to bring their kids there because the majority of the stores give out candy. The malls feel that it is alot safer this way because kids are not out wandering through the streets and getting candy from complete strangers.

If I didn't hear this today, I would still be convinced that this was some sort of hoax or fake. But now I have a totally different opinion on it. On October 31st, please be careful.

------------------
    "Damn the man. Save the Empire" Mark - Empire Records

opiate

everyone's connected somehow...

Congratulations!

[This message has been edited by opiate (edited October 11, 2001).]

Yeah, and I just got this email from a friend who swears it's true, their friend wouldn't lie to them. It's pretty funny how many people were dating Afghani/Middle Easterners who abruptly disappeared...

This is no different than all the sicko's who've left envelopes with an "unknown white powder" laying in public places the past few days....

------------------
    Note to self: Re-index brain cells, database corruption present.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

godofuq

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by sowulo:
    Yeah, and I just got this email from a friend who swears it's true, their friend wouldn't lie to them. It's pretty funny how many people were dating Afghani/Middle Easterners who abruptly disappeared...

This is no different than all the sicko's who've left envelopes with an "unknown white powder" laying in public places the past few days....

</font>
    My thoughts exactly... you just have a good way with words

------------------
    I feel like a little worm on a big f*****g hook.

jaeger

This is documented on www.snopes.com as a known hoax. And my question: Why would a terrorist even care about anyone in a land he considers an enemy?

------------------
    Turkish Proverb: "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love."

Blehboy

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by opiate:
    everyone's connected somehow...

Congratulations!

[This message has been edited by opiate (edited October 11, 2001).]
    </font>
    These people may not actually be terrorists, but there is a vast network of sympathizers to the terrorists cause in the US. I just heard a story on radio about a deputy of bin Ladin's who traveled to the US last year and raised $500,000 speaking in Mosque's and Islam meetings. All of it went to fund the WTC attack.

------------------
    "Oh, baby. You are so talented...and they are so dumb." - Sheriff Bart, Blazin' Saddles

Abort/Retry/Fail

On the same lines as Blehboy, Irish Americans have been known to support the IRA, in ways that provide them with weaponary to hurt the innocent. They too are terrorist sympathisers.

AbSoLuTeZeR0

i just got that email a while ago this is a dumb hoaxes.

------------------
    I am the dreamer, You are the dream

widget

As a proud american of irish descent I wonder when Bush is going to go after the IRA and the protestant groups that operate in N. Ireland. I can only imagine the outcry if we demanded both governments to root every terrorist out, since most have had ties of some sort to one group or another at one point in their lives.

I can only wonder how we Americans will deal with these types of attacks hanging over our heads years from now (i.e. Isreal, Ireland, Spain, France)

Capt. Meyer: HAPPY HUNTING, AIRBORNE!!!

bad_mojo

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by sowulo:

</font>

Hmmmmmmmmmm..........I must've missed something

freddy the fisherman

To widget ..............leave ireland alone !

where do you think UK troops get there training .....

yes i,m close to the troubles ,,,,admittedly not in ireland ,,,,but we have had bombs going off in manchester (3rd or 4th largest city)england also warrington ....both towns are within 30miles from me

regarding news headlines ,,,,,ireland very RARELY gets a mention ,,,,,,I suppose its a bit like your (AND NO HARM INTENDED HERE) vietnam. its been going on since the 60s (yes i know its been going on for 100+ years)The "resent" conflicts have been with all UK people for over 40 years.

I was shocked a week ago at the airport to see "armed" UK police (we DONT leagaly own guns in this country) with super-dooper semi automatic "rifles"

the "local police" (around my area) drive round in little "panda" cars and "join" you for a "pint" in the pup when they,ve finished there shift

freddy