[RESOLVED] How many hours a week do you put in?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] How many hours a week do you put in?

senectus - kbgm

Resolved [RESOLVED] How many hours a week do you put in?

This post was started by me but bryan_the_tech deserves the credit for it.

I KNOW that I.T. staff are normally the hardest workers around, and normally we don't complain about it either. Normally because we love what we do, and getting paid semi-resnable wages helps as well.
    So how many hours a week do you guys put in?

I'm doing between 48 and 68 hours a week normally. Sometimes I work 6-12 days straight doing the above hours, I get paid around the 56k mark ($AU).
    I'm the System Administrator of a 160 odd Network aware machines, plus a few other things....

------------------
    Eradicating the world of id10t5 since 1974

80-100

------------------
    Note to self: Re-index brain cells, database corruption present.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

opiate

less than 38 hours per week

------------------
    Never underestimate the power of me. I'm the ultimate a$$hole.

ad3p4

About 45-55 hours a week managing 30 servers (NT, Win2000, Unix, Solaris and Netware) and a 650-700 workstation network by myself and desperately seeking leverage to increase my annual salary above 30K $CAN...

------------------
    "Expect the unexpected"
    ------------------

Blehboy

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by sowulo:
    80-100

</font>
    At least that nowadays. But I do get to take a lot of time of during slow periods without taking vacation (kinda like comp time). So it levels of to an average of 60.

------------------
    "Oh, baby. You are so talented...and they are so dumb." - Sheriff Bart, Blazin' Saddles

Garak

37-45 hrs per week, looking for more money, so i guess they hours will go up

------------------
    If You Cant Beat It, Bin It....

Just A Thought

MorticiaAdams

40 on the average
    Could go up on the occasion that some butthead doesnt show up for work and they call me at 1:00am and ask me to come in.

Totally waiting on a job from Fords to call me into work. (keeping all fingers and toes crossed)

------------------
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc"(We glady feast on those who would subdue us)

Fubarian

well, for work, 30-40 depending on what week, BUT I also am a full time college student

------------------
    You kept everything inside, and even thought I tried....it all fell apart - what it meant to me, will eventually be a memory of a time, I tried so hard

In the end, it doesn't even matter.

godofuq

I work my 40 and go home. No need to stress myself over money or what needs to get done at work. The treadmill never stops.

------------------
    I feel like a little worm on a big f*****g hook.

FastAndFurious

Talking

about 45/week
    It used to be(and still is suppsed to be) 9 hour days. But I could never make it to work at 8:00, so I just started shwowing up at 8:30, and nobody said anyhting!! So I will keep pushing it till someone says something.

------------------
    Your Father was a hamster, and your Mother smelt of Elderberries!

MacGyver

Company regs say I have to put in 37.5 hours every week. I used to work well over 50 hours a week while we were short staffed, but now that we have more employees and little work, I haven't worked an hour of OT in months. My wife likes the fact I am home more, but I miss the extra few bucks on the paycheque...

------------------
    I help others in the name of my Lord, Jesus Christ.

Joker1

40 hours a week, give or take depending on how much of my lunch/breaks i miss or take extra time on.

------------------
    There are no stupid questions! Just stupid (l)users!

StevePorter

Red face

60-80 hours per week, but that's the break when you own a business...

------------------
    Some computer problems require extreme solutions. Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to deep fat fry...

RIOT

I average about 40 hours a week.

cc_penguin

40 hours a week during slow time at regular job, then there's side work which takes about 10-15 hours a week.

------------------