I need Music download advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I need Music download advice

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by EvilCabbage:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by kato:
    <strong>that's exactly my point noo noo, in that very same thread, regular forum members were discussing using kazzaa, winmx and other file sharing software and the only comment EC had was about OGG format. Why not rip me, jungleman, taz, doc pc and everyone else who mentioned downloading mp3's in that thread. ???</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fine, let me re-iterate my point from the SR thread.

I have ripped my CD's to the hard drive on my work PC, so I dont run the risk of damaging, or otherwise missing out on having my music with me. The CD's stay on the shelf to my left. Whatever format its in, (be it .ogg at the moment) is irrelevant. I own the music.

When JungleMan hinted at using P2P software for questionable purposes, I briefly said my piece, and left it at that.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">that's exactly my point. I don't disagree with your stance. It just seems like when it's a new user you come out guns blaring with the sarcasm turned up to 100. but when it's a regular you "breifly say your piece and leave it at that"

as I mentioned in the my previous post, we don't automatically assume that everyone who asks a win98 question is using a pirate copy, even though it's probably the case a lot of time. We don't ask for the license number and a scan of the COA before offering help. Unless someone specifically says "I'm trying to download the new n'sync album" or something similar, I'm willing to give them the same benefit of the doubt and leeway we give to the new members who post a win98 or winxp question.

Perhaps Kato you should ask Rtuckers intentions - his AIM ID is: ShortWhiteMan100
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Oh, so when he said "there are new songs that I want to download" that wasnt obvious enough for you?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by kato:
    <strong>that's exactly my point. I don't disagree with your stance. It just seems like when it's a new user you come out guns blaring with the sarcasm turned up to 100. but when it's a regular you "breifly say your piece and leave it at that"

as I mentioned in the my previous post, we don't automatically assume that everyone who asks a win98 question is using a pirate copy, even though it's probably the case a lot of time. We don't ask for the license number and a scan of the COA before offering help. Unless someone specifically says "I'm trying to download the new n'sync album" or something similar, I'm willing to give them the same benefit of the doubt and leeway we give to the new members who post a win98 or winxp question.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

that's enough to assume he's downloading copyrighted information.

As Noo Noo suggested why not ask his intentions before slamming him. a more appropriate response might have been. "Are the songs you want copyrighted? Because if you are attempting to dowload copyrighted information, you are violating forum rules" then if he comes back and says "yes it is but I really want it. I download all the mtv hits" go ahead and slam away!

you still haven't explained why you slam newbies, but only "briefly say my piece and leave it at that" when it's a regular member.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by EvilCabbage:
    <strong>Oh, so when he said "there are new songs that I want to download" that wasnt obvious enough for you?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by kato:
    <strong>that's exactly my point. I don't disagree with your stance. It just seems like when it's a new user you come out guns blaring with the sarcasm turned up to 100. but when it's a regular you "breifly say your piece and leave it at that"

as I mentioned in the my previous post, we don't automatically assume that everyone who asks a win98 question is using a pirate copy, even though it's probably the case a lot of time. We don't ask for the license number and a scan of the COA before offering help. Unless someone specifically says "I'm trying to download the new n'sync album" or something similar, I'm willing to give them the same benefit of the doubt and leeway we give to the new members who post a win98 or winxp question.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">

<strong>you still haven't explained why you slam newbies, but only "briefly say my piece and leave it at that" when it's a regular member.
    </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where else have I 'slammed' a newbie?
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by kato:
    <strong>you still haven't explained why you slam newbies, but only "briefly say my piece and leave it at that" when it's a regular member.
    </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where else have I 'slammed' a newbie?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">here's one yesterday.
    <a href="http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=005235" target="_blank">http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=005235</a>
    it's the same sarcastic remarks everytime. I'm sure I could find more. I remember someone asking about a game emulator (which are perfectly legal) some time ago and getting blasted by you.

I understand your stance. It's a valid one at that. I'm just tired of seeing "why don't you buy it" sarcastic comments in every single thread (by a non SR member) that asks about file sharing or something similar. We all know how you feel by now, and there are more diplomatic ways of letting people know they might be breaking forum rules.

Way way off topic...time now to bring closure.