Well it happened.......

Thread: Well it happened.......

Angry Well it happened.......

Got called in to see the owners of the company this afternoon. I thought I was ready for just about anything that came out of their mouths. But I was wrong. First it was well we're just not giving pay raises now so you're stuck. Then it was (after all the threats made) we never said you had to get MCP certified you did that all yourself. Finally do what you got to do.
    I can win any argument with any computer made yet. Since they really haven't learned to fight back.

Banned

Definetly sounds like time for some revenge and a new job. Don't quit though. If you do quit, you have no pay and no unemployment check. Make them fire you, after you have gotten even with em.

See my post in the other thread about possible justified actions you may wish to pursue.

The most important lesson I've learned in dealing with corporate America, is GET IT IN WRITING, AND GET IT SIGNED. "Promises" smell faintly of the leavings of a male cow. "In Good Faith" translates as SUCKER.
    I cant tell you how many times I've seen freinds get dicked over because they didn't have everthing in writing, its happened to me too.

This doesn't mean you wont get dicked over, it just makes it more difficult for them to do so.

Yeah, dont quit, make them fire you/let you go, collect that unemployment, milk it for every cent you can reasonable get
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

I share your grief for the certification thing.

I was asked to get my MCP (in view of either an eventual MCSA or MCSE) by June of this year as part of my "probation" period. To do so, I requested a half-day pre week so I could study and train (at home and at work).

One single afternoon since January was used for that purpose. Other projects and emergencies kept chewing away at any other opportunity I had. I had already taken the accelerated MCSE classes, but was glad to see that it wasn't used against me later on.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams