[RESOLVED] Star Trek lives on
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Star Trek lives on

Elbatcho

Resolved [RESOLVED] Star Trek lives on

I just fond this information out, it's about the new show and is intresting if you like Star Trek
    http://scifi.ign.com/tv/6738.html

coo. that Quantum leap guy should make a good captain.
    It's good to be the King.

At this point in the Star Trek universe, things are so bad I would bring back the series Quark. Unlike Trek of late, it was intentionally bad. Mybe they should give the green women in the orginal series a show and call it the Jolly green Trekkie Strippers from Zeta Minor or something like that.
    "What happened to coffee flavored coffee?"

They should do a series based on the movie Trekkies. I never laughed so hard. Those Trek geeks were pretty pathetic.

Anyhow, I look foward to the new series. I am not a die-hard fan of Trek but it has been on the air since high school in one form or another.

Elbatcho

Originally posted by Larommi:
    They should do a series based on the movie Trekkies. I never laughed so hard. Those Trek geeks were pretty pathetic.

Anyhow, I look foward to the new series. I am not a die-hard fan of Trek but it has been on the air since high school in one form or another.
    Hey that would be a cool show, with that woman who insist on being called commander. I think I am going to start doing that and tell all my (L)users to call me Vice Admiral.

Old news. But this sucks. Who really wants to see the pre Federation? I say make a show about the crew of a Klingon Bird-of-Prey. They could use the ship that Worf's son Alexander was on when DS9 ended. That would even tie in Worf making an occasional appearance.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

Elbatcho

Originally posted by Lycia:
    Old news. But this sucks. Who really wants to see the pre Federation? I say make a show about the crew of a Klingon Bird-of-Prey. They could use the ship that Worf's son Alexander was on when DS9 ended. That would even tie in Worf making an occasional appearance.
    Yeah I want to see a show about klingons, that would rock, do a mini series build up with the history and customs and then go into the federation/klingon wars.

Hmmm....i would rather the new series was based on the exploits of Seven of Nine...in fact, she could be the only character for all i care...

<dreams>

Skin tight catsuit...MMMMmmmmmMMMmm....uuuuhh...excuse me, just nipping off for a moment.. :-)

(Apologies to any female readers for testosterone-led posting)
    orange

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning -+- Rich Cook

Originally posted by Lycia:
    I say make a show about the crew of a Klingon Bird-of-Prey. They could use the ship that Worf's son Alexander was on when DS9 ended. That would even tie in Worf making an occasional appearance.
    Heh heh heh...you naughty girl. I know what you're thinking. And I like it. That's why, when you're not looking, I point to you and call you "sis."

CobraTekMax

Bah. I say make a show about 7 of 9 and just 7 of 9. No one else. Okay, maybe she can kick some Borg @$$ every once in a while. And I guess it would be okay if Bruce Cambell was also in the show as like an alcholic starfleet drop out. And he couuld also kick Borg @$$ (since Borgs are like Deadites of the future).

THEN and ONLY THEN will I watch Star Trek.

Originally posted by Sir Cobra:
    Bah. I say make a show about 7 of 9 and just 7 of 9. No one else. Okay, maybe she can kick some Borg @$$ every once in a while. And I guess it would be okay if Bruce Cambell was also in the show as like an alcholic starfleet drop out. And he couuld also kick Borg @$$ (since Borgs are like Deadites of the future).
    damn right
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU READING MY SIGNATURE FOR?!?

ONCE A GEEK ALWAYS A GEEK...

nanu nanu, shasbak

thats all i have to say.
    Mr Miyagi, by any other name... (is this sig short enough?)

Originally posted by Renee:
    Heh heh heh...you naughty girl. I know what you're thinking. And I like it. That's why, when you're not looking, I point to you and call you "sis."
    I hold up bunny ears behind you 'sis'!
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

Another formula spacecom/opera from Star Trek. For a show that originally build its appeal on cutting edge ideas it has been reduced to a trite cliche. So we know who the mega-babe in a cat suite is going to be there to bring in the 12-year-old hormone addled males. Who is going to be the cute lovable Disney inspired sidekick in the vain of Data, Quark and Nelix and Jar Jar Binx. Perhaps Binx and the monkey from Aladdin, or any other Disney movie, Could be transferred to the Enterprise via the ever present plot devise of a tackion pulse, Tackions can do anything in the Starfleet universe. The sad thing is that what are we Star Trek fans going to do, turn off the tube and get a life. Paramount knows we don't have lives and will continue to abuse their build in fan base with low cost focus group inspired pre-canned plots coupled with flash back episodes until we move out of our parents basements.
    No need to be concerned. The voices in my head assure me I am completely sane.

"Dammit Jim I’m a Star Ship surgeon not the free clinic."

Middle of Nowhere and 1 mile north, in Alberta, CANADA

Originally posted by techguy13:
    The sad thing is that what are we Star Trek fans going to do, turn off the tube and get a life.
    Hopefully some do!!

I live in a town that is star trek obsessed, seriously (they built two spaceships and bought the original set!)!! Every summer we have a star trek convention, and tons of freaky looking people invade our quiet little town (no offense to you normal star trek fans) some of those people are way too into star trek! (seriously it scares me, i just sit at home with the doors locked and the lights turned off when they are in town) the best thing that could happen to them is for the show to die!! but then again there are millions of normal fans, but if the show did go off the air maybe our town would go back to normal eventually
    Never let the facts get in the way of a carefully thought out bad idea!