[RESOLVED] ok got mother board down to pc chips but how do you tell model number of board

Thread: [RESOLVED] ok got mother board down to pc chips but how do you tell model number of board

hawk2

Post ok got mother board down to pc chips but how do you tell model number of board

frsit off i want to thank all who gave me info to last ?..

this ? is i got my mother board down to pc chips but how do you tell model number of board it has a via apollo vp pci chipset i need to upgrade bios and also want to find out the settings on motherboard so i can add a k6-2 400 mhz processor I INSTALLED THE PROCESSER BUT ITS RUNNING AT 262 MHZ ALL TESTING I HAVE DONE ON IT SAYS ITS RUNNING AT 400 MHZ SOME EVEN SAY 550 MHZ BUT I DONT KNOW ANY HELP WHOULD BE GREAT THANKS
    LEAVE MESSAGE HERE or email me here [email protected]

Wurny

On your first boot screen where it counts your ram and what not, write down the #'s on the bottom of the screen, consisting of a load of quite a few #'s, this will give u the model and manufacturer of your motherboard, if I could only remember the website that will match the #'s with which motherboard you have...there is a link or a search engine on windrivers here that should help you find the page...Wim's BIOS page was the name of the one I use to use...try it out.

Macmillium Joe

Please try this : http://www.motherboards.org/spotbios.html
    good luck
    Mac.

hawk2

i all ready did that i have the mother board down to the manufactor but thay make so many i dont know what model it is i dont want to get the bios update to find out its the wrong one last night i also got it down to 2 mother boards its one of this 2 m337 or m373 from what i can tell its the 337 now but after the bios update i will use the 373 updateds from thier anyone know if this is true??? i fond this info on ping thanks

bert

well sir i cant tell you what to do but i can sure tell ya what not to do.don't try it until your sure it's that 373 or what ever.and then go back and double check yourself. and when your sure make a copy of that original bios before you flash it so you don't end up like me lookin at a black screen.just a thought.