Any Barnyard Mechanics
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Barnyard Mechanics

Arrow Any Barnyard Mechanics

Anyone here do their own mechanical work? I have been doing battle with my Tempo (beater)
    for a day or so.
    "Sometimes Death smiles at a man and the best a man can do is smile back"-Marcus Arillius

CobraTekMax

I know Dodge/Chrysler engines and Harleys and that's IT. I don't mess with anything else.

MECHANICAL WORK?

cripes, have u seen my pc building skills in action????

talk about ham-fisted...

Mr Miyagi, by any other name... (is this sig short enough?)

I have been working on the rear main seal in my Cherokee for 2 days now. What a pain!

Originally posted by Cobra!:
    I know Dodge/Chrysler engines...
    I'm with Cobra! on that, but, I've worked on lots of diffrent brands and models.
    I usually poke at Fords with a long stick tho
    What's the matter with it?
    It's all fun and games...ain't it?

sorry i could tell you the innermost workings of a honda engine but i only know how tho change a valve cover gasquet on a tempo
    When all else fails use HAND AND FOOT MODULATION

Barnyard mechanic? Well, I once souped up a chicken.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

I don't even change my own oil, or pump my own gas (self-serve is non-existant in NJ). I can pretty much dissasmeble and reassemble a VCR, but the car . . . it's like magic. Ooooohhh, horseless carriage. Mechanics love me, I'm sure I get taken all the time. 2 hours labor to drain the coolant? Okay.
    end of line.

I just like the manly feeling that goes along with working on a car, whether it be popping the hood, filling up the windshield washer fluid, etc, etc. I can work on Fords and Chevy’s, once had a '63 Chevy Impala that I restored. I current have a Audi, not even going to try to decipher what them Germans built.

Originally posted by Pogi:
    Barnyard mechanic? Well, I once souped up a chicken.
    ROTFLMSO!!!! You funny guy, Pogi.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

I was a mechanic years ago and I hated it. I have worked on about everything out there at one point. Chevrolet's are my specialty. I have restored a lot of cars but now I am pretty bored with it. I built a Harley Shovelhead and loved it, I am now trying to sell my '66 Nova so I can build another bike. I'm thinking Softail, S&S, De-raked. Open Primary, I am getting a chubby.........
    "We have assumed control"

Resqu

I tinker with fords and chevys. They both break down just as much as the other.
    I've completly restored an F150, but could have built two chevy trucks for the price of that one ford alone!

OK, Here's the deal. Started skipping the other day thought it may be the fuel filter. I had to try anyway. Nope stopped for gas the other day. When I went to leave the station I got as far as the entrance and stalled. It tried to start and when it would start I had to floor it just to keeo it running at 75o, rough rpm. Made a major black spot on the pavement from the exhaust. Im thinking overfuel from bad injector. Has one injector over the intake. I hate to go by one and find out its a computer fuel metering promblem what do you think?**Bulit a 76 shovelhead fx took it to 1340, braided lines glass beaded chore and gold everywhere
    black and gold paint s+s carb drag pipes, fatbob, got divorced, no more scoot.
    "Sometimes Death smiles at a man and the best a man can do is smile back"-Marcus Arillius

No....I am thankful and lucky...my dad is a mechanic!! Owns his own station....tow trucks and all!!

I leave the good stuff to him...in return...I do some pc work there....so, it works...
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Lets see, I quit turning wrenches for a living to work on computers.... ( heck I THOUGHT that it would be cleaner) dont really miss it all that much. but it is nice to know that i never have to take my car to a garage except for state inspections. which I am licenced to do but you have to be working in a garage to make it valid..
    I am a Chevy person at heart..
    had a 71 and a 75 vega... 4 cyl... swapped a 350 into the 75... had a 83 s 10 that i lowered 7 inches and swapped a 250 into...( I love 350's) have had about 10 or 15 other chevys over the years.. Currently I have a 77 and a 81 chevy full size truck... the 81 is in the process of getting 6 more inches of lift...
    HUNGRY?.....UNEMPLOYED?.....EAT YOUR F#%$ING
    JAP CAR!!!!!!!