[RESOLVED] HP 9310 question

Thread: [RESOLVED] HP 9310 question

warrior237

Talking HP 9310 question

Hello,

Does anyone else have a HP 9310 cd burner or any other HP burner?

After I use my 9310 non-stop for a while the burner gets really loud when I burn cd's, but the cd's still burn ok.

Is there anything I can do to take this sound away other then put a pillow over my computer? ;-)

Another thing that is burning my butt is that I payed $300 at the time for it and now I can get a 16/10/40 burner for around $250. God I hate price changes like that.

------------------
    Email:
    [email protected]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by warrior237:
    Hello,

Does anyone else have a HP 9310 cd burner or any other HP burner?

After I use my 9310 non-stop for a while the burner gets really loud when I burn cd's, but the cd's still burn ok.

Is there anything I can do to take this sound away other then put a pillow over my computer? ;-)

Another thing that is burning my butt is that I payed $300 at the time for it and now I can get a 16/10/40 burner for around $250. God I hate price changes like that.

</font>
    Yamaha 16x10x40 down to $218 the last time I looked...when buying technology and new cars, that's just the way it is. If you're going to spend money in either market you just have to be able to say, "I like this price right now." and don't give the money a second thought once the transaction is done.

------------------
    Men's view of Women: All your sex are belong to us...
    Women's view of Men: All your attention, time, and money are belong to us....
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

I have the same CD-RW. HP 9310i, but it still works fine. I've never seen such a problem with HP ones. If it's still under warranty, you'd better RMA it.

Are you sure it is mounted tightly on the case?

------------------
    March 25, 1821 - March 25, 2001
    180 years have passed since the Greek Revolution.
    180 years of being free, 180 years of being proud!

"We are enslaved and we suffer, but we will never stop following our forefathers' steps" - Rigas Velestinlis (Dec 12, 1790)

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

jrd

Red face

Yuppers, same problem. Except mine doesn't even burn CDs properly anymore. I've been trying to get an RMA for the drive, but the only number I'm getting as a result from trying to call HP's service line is a large one on my phone bill. Does anyone have any experience in dealing with RMAs for HP storage?
    Thanks!

jrd

Red face

Yuppers, same problem. Except mine doesn't even burn CDs properly anymore. I've been trying to get an RMA for the drive, but the only number I'm getting as a result from trying to call HP's service line is a large one on my phone bill. Does anyone have any experience in dealing with RMAs for HP storage?
    Thanks!