[RESOLVED] CD Audio Digital Play Back WinMe Media Player 7 NOT

Thread: [RESOLVED] CD Audio Digital Play Back WinMe Media Player 7 NOT

jwhoff

Resolved [RESOLVED] CD Audio Digital Play Back WinMe Media Player 7 NOT

No one has been able to fix this one. I have been trying to play audio cd in Win ME with Media player 7 When I go to play a track Media player comes back and reports That " Media player is unable to read digitally from your CD player and is switching to analog mode. The music does play but I would like it to be digital, that’s why I bought a new CDROM, CDRW, ect When you go to device manager and go to the cdrom properties their is a box that lets you select Digital CD Play back. THIS SELCTION IS NOT SELECTABLE DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT IS GRAYED OUT! I have tried reloading all new sound drivers for the SB Live card I have reinstalled all drives and no luck New CDROM ect Has anyone ran into this problem. Thanks, [email protected]

Wink

the same option is grey'd out on my cdrom but the digital playback through my sblive is fine.

If you play the cd using the sblive playcenter and enable only the digital output on the sblive mixer (mute the analogue channel) do you get a signal from the disk?
    What do you mean its all my fault?...

jwhoff

Lightbulb

Hey, don't know yet still at work !!! will try tonight Thanks

Jon

I posted almost the same thread twice, starting last October...I've called Creative Labs, MS, my PC manufacturer...all with no results. Changed out CD players and sound cards. Checked cabling and wiring. I have been into every sound option available and still no solution.

Only difference between your problem and mine is that the digital option is not greyed out, but Win MP refuses the option.

I did however find one MS KB article that stated the "work around" was to "set the player to analog." No kidding!

The worst thing is that it worked digitally once, and never again.

I'd be very interested to see if there's a solution out there.
    "Qui me amat, amat et canem meum."

jwhoff

Thumbs up

I GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! After dicking around for DAYS and talking to Microsoft tring drivers and Software replug and playing and about every other thing most people could think of it started working AFTER I let Windows assign the drive letters IT wanted to to both my CD ROM drives. I was changing the drive letters in the settings for each drive so it made sense to me how they sit in my case. You know were you tell it to start with D and end with D ect. Why the HELL this should matter I don't know!!!! I have a CD and a CDRW. I'm thinking if I only had one drive hooked up I would not have had this problem !!!!! Good luck If I can be any help please let me know!!!!!

Talking

I can't believe it!!!!! Wait a sec....I've got to pound my head on the keyboard for a moment.

There, I'm done. After all the things I tried, and trying to remember what changes I made to the set up after the one time that it worked...it was the drive letter assignments?!

Funny thing...it was trying to track this issue down that got me coming to Windrivers the first time! [The WD addiction that followed I don't want to discuss!!!]
    "Qui me amat, amat et canem meum."

jwhoff

I'm glad this is over!!!
    I spet days working on this Damm problem!!!!
    MicroSoft said it was a BAD Drive !!! I just emailed them and sent them a bill for our Services.

Good luck !!!!