[RESOLVED] Creative DVD Problems

Thread: [RESOLVED] Creative DVD Problems

Dion

Creative DVD Problems

I have a Creative 5x DVD drive and the Decoder that it comes with. I get no picture on my screen ( but I do get TV output ) and my audio is very distorted. I am using a S3 Virge DX as my primary display and a Diamond Monster sound 300 and my sound card. Any suggestions would be fantastic - it's driving me crazy!

Sounds like an IRQ conflict. Check your device manager for cautions (!) and try to set the resources manually. Also check your BIOS for a VGA IRQ assignment. Turn it off if necessary.

Good Luck,

Charlie
    "Oh Bother," said Pooh, as Windows crashed for the umpteenth time.

Darren Wilson
    what is the rest of the system???

make sure all the audio settings are set to no higher than 75% volume. Also if you are using the SP/DIF cable that is supplied , take it out as the DVD drives from Creative do not fully support the SP/DIF side of things.

Make sure the cable from the DVD goes to the Input on the DVD Decoder then the output from the DVD card to your cd input on the sound card.

Make sure the VIM cable supplied with the DVD kit is plugged in correctly on the outside of the card, and not back to front.

------------------
    Who got game???? I know I do!!!!!!!

visit me @ http://www.ace-computers.co.uk

Joe Smith
    Where does it say on creative's site, mr. man, that sp/dif is not supported by the dxr3? Also, I doubt the Creative would supply a SP/DIF cable with the DVD drive as those cables cost 40 dollars for 1 meter.