Need some oppinions ..........
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need some oppinions ..........

Angry Need some oppinions ..........

I was brought into the company I now work for as a Temp. Computer Service Technician. After my temp time was up i was offered a permanent position. At that time I was told they could not give me a raise for 90 days due to the contract with the Temp Agency but that they wanted me to be their Asst. Network Admin. As the 90 day limit came to a close I was told to get a raise I would need to get my MCP within the next 6 months. I was able to get the needed cert. At the 6 month review I was told that i would not be getting the promised raise and in fact noone in the company has gotten a raise in 2 years and since they already had my MCP # there was nothing I could do about it. As soon as i left for the day I contacted Microsoft and was informed that I could have my certification disasociated from my company. Would doing so be a justified action?
    I can win any argument with any computer made yet. Since they really haven't learned to fight back.

Banned

If the company didn't pay for the training and the test, as well as your time studying to get the certification, then I say you are completely justified.

I've seen more than my fair share of companies do this. Give us what we want, and go f yourself. I would call MS and do just that. The company probably wanted your MCP number so they could get technet and maybe even the msdn kit for free. I hate people like that.

Unhappy

Yes if I diasociate my MCP they will no longer be a Microsoft Certified Provider.
    And NO all the studying, books, and test were on my own time and money. Even going to take the test I had to leave early for the day.
    I can win any argument with any computer made yet. Since they really haven't learned to fight back.

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Pyroate:
    <strong>Yes if I diasociate my MCP they will no longer be a Microsoft Certified Provider.
    And NO all the studying, books, and test were on my own time and money. Even going to take the test I had to leave early for the day.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would say that you'd be completely justified since you earned the MCP on your own with your own time and money. However, before you disassociate your MCP from the company be prepared to look for a new job. If they are such heartless b_stards as it sounds, they wouldn't think twice about replacing you with someone who will bend over more willingly in front of them. The tech market is on the employers side right now, I just quit my job a week ago, they received 700 applications in the first three days.

I'd advise you to find another job, and only disassociate your MCP after you are hired.
    WWBRD?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Pyroate:
    <strong>I was brought into the company I now work for as a Temp. Computer Service Technician. After my temp time was up i was offered a permanent position. At that time I was told they could not give me a raise for 90 days due to the contract with the Temp Agency but that they wanted me to be their Asst. Network Admin. As the 90 day limit came to a close I was told to get a raise I would need to get my MCP within the next 6 months. I was able to get the needed cert. At the 6 month review I was told that i would not be getting the promised raise and in fact noone in the company has gotten a raise in 2 years and since they already had my MCP # there was nothing I could do about it. As soon as i left for the day I contacted Microsoft and was informed that I could have my certification disasociated from my company. Would doing so be a justified action?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd find another job and then tell your current company that they did not live up to their word on the raises. You have met all their requirements so where is the money? I would report them to your local Better Business Bureau. I would also tell the temp agency that they did not honor their agreement with you. Otherwise, keep plenty Vaseline on stock because the longer you stay the further you take it up the a$$. It's companies like this that deserve to loose everything and have it burned to the ground. Bastards!

My 2c

Expect to be screwed in one way or another by your company for the rest of your life. I don't mean just your current company, all companies do it. You need to learn to fight. If your considering trashing their MCP status that's a great start.

Go into your bosses office, tell him your going to do it unless he gives you your raise plus a week off for the lies. Don't tell him your going to quit. If he doesn't cave in to your request start looking for a new job and leave him without two weeks notice. Your never going to be able to use him as a reference anyway if he doesn't give you the raise and square things.

Managers walk on employees. The nicer you are they more they screw you. Their story is "the money's not there" or "it's not policy." Bullsh1t. If your worth the money they'll pay you.

After I completed my CCNA I got a 2% raise. I got mad but I didn't get hasty. My direct supervisor got the same shafting. He got mad too and got another job within a month. That left me at the top of the tech barrel. That's when I made my move. I was making about $37K at the time, I went in to my boss and demanded $45K or I was leaving (I thought that was more than fair). After a few days of haggling I would up with $43K + another $2500 in *possible* bonus money. Two months later I got a gig making $52K and left anyway so it didn't matter much but my point is fight for your money.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Angry

I found out that they are going to try to slow play to jerk me around for as long as possible so that they can find a replacement for me since that way they won't loose thier Microsoft Certified Provider.

<strong>I found out that they are going to try to slow play to jerk me around for as long as possible so that they can find a replacement for me since that way they won't loose thier Microsoft Certified Provider. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">How did you find that out?

Yeah, I would be mad too. Everyone has given great advise here so far, I will just say that I feel your pain.

As far as the MCP status being used by the company, you have no reason to remove them other than spite. If you do, they will take personal offense. If I were you, I would remove it quietly, start looking for a new job. When the offers start coming in, (that may take a while, walk in and tell them you quit, and thank them for nothing.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ya_know:
    <strong>[QUOTE]
    As far as the MCP status being used by the company, you have no reason to remove them other than spite. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not really spite more of if you don't want to pay for it you don't get to use it any other business would do the same

<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ya_know:
    <strong>[QUOTE]
    As far as the MCP status being used by the company, you have no reason to remove them other than spite. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not really spite more of if you don't want to pay for it you don't get to use it any other business would do the same</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">True that, it is yours to do with what you will. However, they asked you for it, and you gave them permission to use it. Now you want to take it away. To them it will seem as it is spite. As far as I'm concerned that is good enough reason, judging from what you have described...but it may bite you in the *** , if they intend to replace you anyway. I say keep the paycheck coming, and then find a new job. You don’t want to live off of unemployment. Trust me, it sucks.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ya_know:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Pyroate:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ya_know:
    <strong>[QUOTE]
    As far as the MCP status being used by the company, you have no reason to remove them other than spite. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not really spite more of if you don't want to pay for it you don't get to use it any other business would do the same</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">True that, it is yours to do with what you will. However, they asked you for it, and you gave them permission to use it. Now you want to take it away. To them it will seem as it is spite. As far as I'm concerned that is good enough reason, judging from what you have described...but it may bite you in the *** , if they intend to replace you anyway. I say keep the paycheck coming, and then find a new job. You don’t want to live off of unemployment. Trust me, it sucks.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actualy they did not ask they demanded. It was get mcp certified if you do you get a raise if you don't you get fired. They were the ones who set the rules then they broke them with no raise.

<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Pyroate:
    <strong>[QUOTE]
    As far as the MCP status being used by the company, you have no reason to remove them other than spite. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not really spite more of if you don't want to pay for it you don't get to use it any other business would do the same</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">True that, it is yours to do with what you will. However, they asked you for it, and you gave them permission to use it. Now you want to take it away. To them it will seem as it is spite. As far as I'm concerned that is good enough reason, judging from what you have described...but it may bite you in the *** , if they intend to replace you anyway. I say keep the paycheck coming, and then find a new job. You don’t want to live off of unemployment. Trust me, it sucks.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Also as bad as it sounds I am only making about $100 more a month than I was on unemployment.

Fsuk them then.

I'm sure you can find a better place to work. As has been mentioned, its not likely they'll give you a nice letter or recommendation anyway. Yank that MCP from them. See that an anonymous call to the BSA is placed about selling burned MS SW, and the rampant unauthorized copying of SW going on there on employee and client machines. Contact the RIAA hotline to inform them as to the huge amount of copyrighted MP3s being traded over the company T. Be sure to issue a formal complaint to the temp Agency you went through, and to the BBB.
    Hell, send an anonymous tip to the IRS on company letterhead, that you were former CFO who found religon and would like to see the company pay what it owes.

Poison the well and sow the fields with salt!!
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

As long as your own nose is clear your reputation won't suffer if you leave and dissociate your certification from them. It's your time and money which obtained the certs - use them to your advantage.

Make sure that if you do leave that there are no loose ends which could be used against you later on.

Good luck.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams