[RESOLVED] Philips CDD2000 Not Reading in 95 but fine in NT, but will not write in either.

Thread: [RESOLVED] Philips CDD2000 Not Reading in 95 but fine in NT, but will not write in either.

Antares686

Philips CDD2000 Not Reading in 95 but fine in NT, but will not write in either.

I have a Philips CDD2000 (refurbished one that was used to replace the original I bought that would never work), and of course Tech Support is absolutely useless. The drive will register that a disk is in, in Win95 but when I click the drive it shows 0k and 0files. In NT (the machine is dual boot) the drive reads perfectly. Also the darn thing will not write under either OS and I am sick of Philips beyond belief. Anyone have an idea of what may be going on and yes I did try the CDD2000.vxd download and it did nothing.

antares686

Cool

Found my own answer.

Must have the following in the system.ini for the CDD2000 to work under 95

[vcache]
    MinFileCache=2048
    MaxFileCache=2048

Max Value cannot be higher than 2048 (at least on a system with 32 megs RAM) other values or if missing will cause the drive to understand a disk is in and let you select the drive, but will not read the image (any Format CDR or not).