[RESOLVED] Have An Audio CD but needs driver to run the videos on it. HELP!

Thread: [RESOLVED] Have An Audio CD but needs driver to run the videos on it. HELP!

NeedHelp

Resolved [RESOLVED] Have An Audio CD but needs driver to run the videos on it. HELP!

I bought the Dawson's Creek soundtrack and it has some muti-media stuff on it like ...quicktime movies, pics and such. But when i put it in it comes up as only an audio cd. So i went to www.cdextra.com which that was the tech support site for the multi media stuff. I went into troublshooting and it told me: "In order for your your CD-ROM drive to properly play CDEXTRA titles, it is necessary for you to have the latest driver software for your specific CD-ROM. Driver software is a small file that helps tell your computer how to use a specific piece of hardware. In this case, your CD-ROM. Without the correct version of the driver software, your computer may not be able able to access multimedia content(video, images, etc.) from a multisession (contains traditional audio as well as multimedia) CD.

WINDRIVERS.COM is a comprehensive and easy to navigate website for driver software. Please go to windrivers.com, find your specific CD-ROM drive, and download and install the driver software. "

I can't find out what brand my cdrom is. I comes up as manufacter: unkown
    provider: N/A
    all it says is that it is a X12 ATAPI CD-ROM
    Can someone help!

Mustang
    well if you temporarily remove the drive from the machine and write down the fcc id number you can use that to find out the manufacturer as well as the model of your cdrom. Using the fcc id number click on the advanced search under driver search and then enter the fcc id number in the old search box towards the bottom of the page and click on start search it will tell you all you need to know