Favorite File Sharing Software

Thread: Favorite File Sharing Software

Post Favorite File Sharing Software

I know this is a been- done, but i was looking for everybody's favorite file sharing software. ever since the fall of morpheus I've been looking for something good, fast, no spyware, and good selection. For some reason BearShare isn't working for me, any other suggestions?
    So, so busy lately. Oh, where do I start?

[quote]Originally posted by TrackMan:
    <strong>I know this is a been- done, but i was looking for everybody's favorite file sharing software. ever since the fall of morpheus I've been looking for something good, fast, no spyware, and good selection. For some reason BearShare isn't working for me, any other suggestions?</strong><hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://zeropaid.com" target="_blank">The ultimate portal for File sharing programs...</a>
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

Try <a href="http://gnotella.gnutelliums.com/gnotella.exe" target="_blank">Gnotella</a>, uses the same Gnutella network as Bearshare and Limewire.

Gnotella isn't "around" anymore, don't know why, but you can download the software at the link above. There is no spyware, the software is very simple, it works well, and it is skinnable. I have a pile of skins for it that I got before <a href="http://www.gnotella.com" target="_blank">www.gnotella.com</a> shut down. If you want them, send me a PM with the email address you want me to send them to.

On Zeropaid.com there is a list of the Top Ten for each OS.... Windows, Mac, Linux....

They have a link to each and every one and news updates on the evil tidings of the RIAA and such, they tell of the newest file sharing programs too.

Kazaa Lite (a doctored up DLL file makes it spyware free) and Grokster (spyware free) and WinMX and eDonkey are the tops.
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

[quote]Originally posted by Tazdrummer:
    <strong>
    Kazaa Lite (a doctored up DLL file makes it spyware free) and Grokster (spyware free) and WinMX and eDonkey are the tops.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Grokster (DLL replaced version) & E-Donkey are the 2 that I use.
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

i have a feeling this topic will be closed
    (_|_) I AM EDITED BY WEBHEAD (_|_)

[quote]Originally posted by dir:
    <strong>i have a feeling this topic will be closed </strong><hr></blockquote>

It's interesting that this thread is allowed to stay open while the mp3 ripping thread that actually appeared to be legit was closed.........

Why do people think it is productive to criticize mods? What will it accomplish? How will it help?
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

I use Grokster

I used to use Morpheus until they switched networks, I used to use Kazaa until I found out about all the spyware and AD p2p software it installs

I will not use limewire or bearshare there network stinks can never find anything and when you do the connections suck

[quote]Originally posted by Wayward Clam:
    <strong>Why do people think it is productive to criticize mods? What will it accomplish? How will it help?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I didn't criticize, I just said it was interesting. The world in general seems to be very uptight about mp3 swapping, while blatant swapping of pirated software goes on. Just hop onto any IRC server and you get swamped with illegal software. But anytime anyone mentions mp3, people cringe like it's the plague.

I think the mods here are doing a great job, and in no way am I criticizing them. Maybe you should let them decide whether or not they take offense to my statement.........

Exclamation

I have to agree with Milenko. There doesn't seem to be the same "stigma" with software piracy as there is with MP3's. I dunno if this is because MP3s are relatively small in size and widely distibuted and the current media demon/darling. I'm not even gonna get into the 'mod thing. Good troll clammy!

After all the SW industry has already understood (I didn't say accepted) that a certain percentage of their work WILL be pirated wether it be through....uh..the "usual sources", or you loaning a buddy a disc, borrowing a copy from work, taking an "Open" copy home, or a store employee burning an off the shelf copy. But most "ordinary" users won't have the access to these sources as readily as the Power User/tech type. The SW companies aren't AS worried about the latter group as much as your non-techie neighbor getting fast, easy to understand access to the War3z. This is by no means condoning SW piracy, but seems to be the model.

But MP3s are small in size, easily accessable, obtainable and creatable. It's a lot more work for the average user to get MP3s of whatever new band than it is for them to get say....Photoshop or WinXP. I don't mention P2P programs for SW piracy because from what I've seen most software on most popular P2P networks are either broken, corrupted, missing files and full of trogan's and virii...you get what you deserve, basically.

Again I think, the MP3 is more hated because it on the public media radar, and the RIAA spends the money to try to combat it on that level, and as far as the average user is concerned far more readily available, with few if any central point of ditribution to cripple. I'm not gonna get into the lega issues, the RIAA is invested in thier opinion, and wether you think DL mps is legal or ripping ones form CD's you own orignals of for a portable music device, the media has taken the side of MP3 usually one fo 2 ways: "rebellion aginst the MAN" or "thievery and blind greed and you are bad bad bad!".

SW Piracy requires a touch more tech savvy and as long as you aren't part of a distro group or serving up the files and grossly make yourself or your business a target for them, they'll tend to overlook you. Of course, YMMY and I may be oversimplifying things, and I'd like to hear if anyone else has some ideas on why this is so..am very curious
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

I'm not saying anything unless you start discussing the details of what you use it for....including any further comments like Milenko's....I have to draw the line somewhere without being totally anal about it all.....
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."