subject: THIS SAYS IT ALL!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: subject: THIS SAYS IT ALL!

Post subject: THIS SAYS IT ALL!

I got this email forwarded to me...

Read on, please! This is an Editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa Newspaper. He did quite a job;

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual of their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the “politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America.

Our population is almost entirely composed of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to
    dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian,
    right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment
    gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom,

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

...can someone gimme an AMEN or a HELL YEA!

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar

Yay, it seems there are still a few reasonably sane people in this country!
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Registered User Morticia Addams's Avatar

Well I would have to say AMEN

You dont like it Dont let the freedom door hit you on the way out.
    And sorry if I was to be living and having children in a foreign land. I bes be teaching myself and my kids the spoken words of the land.
    Im all for people coming to America and helping us grow and evolve into the melting pot we have..
    Im sick of them trashing it and then saying, Well this country sucks and my land where I came from is much better..fine then get out.Freedom of speech is all and well until were telling them to take their I hate America back to where they nearly died to retreat from.
    Im all for cultral diffrences thats what makes this the great country that we are.
    But I have to say that I am highly sick of being swore at and talked about in a diffrent lanuage then when I tell them hello DORKS I know what your saying they proceed to apologize and say ohh we didnt know you could understand us.
    Its not like a take one nationality and say they are idiots.. Its the person as a whole.
    I dont excuse any other American who has decided to take out any form of abuse on a foreign person for a country and belittle and abuse them, thats plain grounds for lock their butts up and let them think about their stupidity in a place where freedom means everything to you.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by opiate:
    <strong>I got this email forwarded to me...

Read on, please! This is an Editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa Newspaper. He did quite a job;

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual of their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the “politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America.

Our population is almost entirely composed of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to
    dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian,
    right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment
    gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom,

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

...can someone gimme an AMEN or a HELL YEA!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">if ther is any nation Australia has mor in commone with in the world the us and canada would have to be those. yes we are suffering the same type of rubbish here. here we choose to detain people who arrive illigally here. this has cause a great dael of issues related to the above quote. I kow exactly here all you people that have posted are coming from.
    Life is highway, we all begin and end the same way. But everyones journey it unique

ermm...cough...I mean no offence and do not wish to rain on anyones parade but....

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Arent most people residing in the US Immigrants of one kind or another i.e.The Mayflower as an example?
    The only Americans who could have ancestors from many,many generations are the tribes of the Indian nations.

Registered User Dark Millennium's Avatar

Its definetly difficult to maintain a multicultural society, just look at Canada, but it can be done.

So far in Canada we have 2 official languages, english and french, and many people here speak chinese and spanish.

We also have different religions, and we try to accomodate them all.

However I will agree that sometimes that envelope gets pushed just a little too far.
    The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of you coffee.
    (Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel)

If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.
    (Laws of Computer Programming, III)

Thanx to Adept for the Avatar

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dark Millennium:
    <strong>Its definetly difficult to maintain a multicultural society, just look at Canada, but it can be done.
    </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Argentina, too (but the government sucks)...

All I can say to that is Great job! Woohoo!

Glad to see there is some sanity in this country!

I don't know of any other country that tries its hardest to kiss the butts of all its immagrants as much as this one does.

France? Germany? Britian? I doubt they do...
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by opiate:
    <strong>IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.
    </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn't that why America is called a giant melting pot already?
    Hard work often pays off in the long run, but Lazyness always pays off now.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by kingtbone:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by opiate:
    <strong>IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.
    </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn't that why America is called a giant melting pot already?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">More like beef stew.

Clumps of this, climps of that etc.. in most parts.
    Live Free or Die

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">WTF??? god is not part of my culture and most likly my roots are here far before this guys decides to jump of a boat....this guy is an ***
    Impounded impressions of aggressive democracy see lil need to help poverty/
    A land of freedom? Of wealth? Of justice?
    I fear not for me, but for my children to wake up and see, that I am nothing but a slave
    In modern society

Why don't we just stereotype all the immigrants into ungrateful complainers that don't speak English ? This speech reminds me of the 60's when the conservative crowd would say "Love it or Leave it". I for one believe our country has serious problems that we need to work on. It's real easy for us to sweep all of those problems under a patriotic rug and pretend like nothing is wrong with us. People used to say "Send them back to Africa" when African-Americans would complain about racism. Yes, it is a great country because I can state this opinion, but it isn't perfect.
    "Don't be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kaneda:
    <strong>I don't know of any other country that tries its hardest to kiss the butts of all its immagrants as much as this one does.

France? Germany? Britian? I doubt they do...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">You would be surprised... All local government documents are available in the major asian and indian sub-continent languages. In Wales the documents are in both Welsh and English.

We have mosques, synagogues and cathedrals side by side.

And, for the most part it works, yes some complain, others refuse try and be anything other than the people they were in the homeland... but their children usually managed to bridge the gap.

There is no longer a place in the world which in unoccupied for the dispossessed or the disenchanted to move to where they may create their own culture... in the mean while we all have to adjust. As usual with the human condition, some are better at it than others, and the ones that are bad at it (on both sides) stir up trouble for the rest.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yes it is a great country as are all western countries,particularly because it is a country of the "FREE".Where an individual of any race,creed or even nationality has the freedom of action and speech to go about their buisness unmolested and air their opinions to anyone who will listen.
    This is the way of modern society,yes we get people of minority opinion [some of which we may dislike or despise]but that is the burdon of a free society not to gag those with which we disagree,but to discuss and come to an understanding with them.

I'm just damn glad I was born and raised in America instead of some mid eastern war torn hel hole country.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by NooNoo:
    <strong>You would be surprised... All local government documents are available in the major asian and indian sub-continent languages. In Wales the documents are in both Welsh and English.

We have mosques, synagogues and cathedrals side by side.

And, for the most part it works, yes some complain, others refuse try and be anything other than the people they were in the homeland... but their children usually managed to bridge the gap.

There is no longer a place in the world which in unoccupied for the dispossessed or the disenchanted to move to where they may create their own culture... in the mean while we all have to adjust. As usual with the human condition, some are better at it than others, and the ones that are bad at it (on both sides) stir up trouble for the rest.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not saying that they don't try to make them comfortable, but, it seems that the US sometimes goes too far.

The pledge is a perfect example. If a Hindu group was offended by the changing of the guard, and had a huge protest about it, would the UK stop it? Most likely not.

Now, if I was a POW, say in France (hypotheitical situation), and I didn't like the French food, they'd tell me to starve (I've neve rbeen in a French prison, so I don't know, but thats the impression I get).
    Look at what our military is doing ot the POWs form the Taliban / Al Qaida, they're giving them food prepared by people from that area, made to the best standards. Just so they'll feel more comfortable (yes, though, they're sill in a military prison).

Sure, its great to see different culters openly available in countries like these, its a great way to learn about them.

The "free" world allows freedom of religion, and to express that openly (as long as it doesn't infringe on others). It allows you to voice your opinion, in a peaceful manner. That is also wonderful.
    But when it comes to the point where special interest groups are running the country, and most of them are being run by people who are offended by the slightest thing, as American as it is...

Look at Christmas. Government buildings are no longer to decorate in many cities becuase it offended people. No manger (OK, thats religious). No Chaunakah (sp?) decorations. NO SANTA CLAUSE! No lights, no tree, etc... Why? Because some over sensitive person was offended because they do not celebrate Christmas.

Like I said, its nice to see the freedom, its great to see the openess and variety, but when it starts to dictate how the whole country should be run, that starts to be a problem.

(Go watch South Park's first (I think) Christmas special, the "Unoffencive Christmas Pagent")...
    Live Free or Die