Freedom of speech?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freedom of speech?

Post Freedom of speech?

Hmmm, seems like im being censored on the forums here, out of my last 5 new topics 0 have survived for more then 24 hours? Why is that. I posted the messages in the proper group. Techville is for any thing not computer related. Thats where i posted them while at work on friday. Got home friday evening to check the post and they were gone.

Down with censorship
    Drew
    Luke, OBGYN Kanobi is the only one!!

DaOnly123Kid

the mods are doing what they feel is best, so don't complain...there are many reasons to delete stuff, and they wouldn't do it unless they had a reason....so don't give them a hard time

elbatcho

Talking

What were the topics and were they double post? Sometimes it may be the replys with in the topic which get it axed, rather that the topic itself. It's not really a matter of freedom of speach because we are gathering with in a private arena and voicing views. The Mod's have full right to edit and delete at will. So when you post, post as if your mom is sitting next to you, think to yourself would mom be angry if I said this out loud.

Darren Wilson

Originally posted by drewber:
    Hmmm, seems like im being censored on the forums here, out of my last 5 new topics 0 have survived for more then 24 hours? Why is that. I posted the messages in the proper group. Techville is for any thing not computer related. Thats where i posted them while at work on friday. Got home friday evening to check the post and they were gone.

Down with censorship
    Drew
    Check that they haven't been moved to other Forums. TBH I haven't seen any new threads posted by yourself that may have needed to edited or deleted.

I haven't seen any posts of yours recently. But this is about the 20th time I've heard this same sob story(i.e. My post got deleted, waah waah, Down with editing posts). If you read the user agreement, it does state that the Board reserves the righe to modify/move/delete posts as deemed necessary. Nuf said.

Down with censorship
    Drew

And Rocco, myself, and DriverGuy are the only ones who have the ability to delete any post anywhere, and I don't remember ever deleting a whole topic without leaving some kind of a note behind, or if it was the topic title that was the offender, a PM to the poster to say why I had to delete the topic....I haven't seen any 'disappearing topics either.' Check out the 'moved' theory.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

CobraTekMax

Damn it, since when is this the "Whiners' Complaints" forum? Like Sowulo said, only he, Darren, and DriverGuy can move/delete/edit any post in any forum. If you've got a problem, take it up with the mods themselves one on one through PMs.

well i dont beleive starting up a 2600 meeting here in st louis had any thing to do with the other topics, soi posted it in the tech lounge where all off topic post should be put, and well its not here
    and if they do move it shouldnt they update the link you get emailed when someone replys?

thats just my 2 cents, i love the site but i like to beable to read my post also
    Luke, OBGYN Kanobi is the only one!!

Originally posted by Cobrage:
    Damn it, since when is this the "Whiners' Complaints" forum? Like Sowulo said, only he, Darren, and DriverGuy can move/delete/edit any post in any forum. If you've got a problem, take it up with the mods themselves one on one through PMs.

HERE HERE!!

I really think that they were either double postes or have been moved, man. The mods here are great...they don't delete or edit without good reason.
    Donegal Sixth Brigade
    Scrappin' clanners off the bottom of our mech's feet.

Ohhh. So this is about me deleteing your topic about the 2600 meeting in St. Louis. Illegial activities are not permitted on the forums, such as hacking, cracking, phreaking, warez, etc. If you have anymore questions on why the 2600 topic was closed, just let me know.

Sheriff Q
    well i dont beleive starting up a 2600 meeting here in st louis had any thing to do with the other topics, soi posted it in the tech lounge where all off topic post should be put, and well its not here
    and if they do move it shouldnt they update the link you get emailed when someone replys?

thats just my 2 cents, i love the site but i like to beable to read my post also

Darren Wilson

The only 5 posts that you have posted in the last 5 days are as follows

Need Good Computer Prank

Dual Boot God Needed

Female Techs Ideal Boyfriend

Tech God Monkey

Freedom of Speech

The St Louis 2600 was removed as it pertained to hacking which is an illegal activity and is stated in the Forum Rules that you agree to before you can post, that posts of an illegal nature will be removed.

The Moderators do not have to justify their decisions and if you do not like the decisions, don't post, as myself & the other Mods are not putting up with this **** anymore.

Here's what the user agreement states, which you agreed to, regarding topics and deleting them.

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB."

Also, you apparently didn't read this either:
    "Although this BB does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this BB reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever."

I see no need for any further discussion regarding this.

The way I see it, my usage of the WinD forums is a priviledge, not a right. I agreed to conditions before I made my first post, and as one who has had a post or two removed because I overstepped that agreement, I have no right to complain.

Let me put it this way. Personally, I don't smoke. I used to, but now the smell disgusts me. If someone comes into my house or shop and fires one up, I have no problem with politely asking them to put it out. If they don't, they are not-so-politely asked to leave.

The WinD forums have developed a rep for being helpful, courteous, and above board. Applause and kudos go to those who maintain, and, yes enforce these standards.

Censorship, my fat fanny. This has nothing to do with someone's free speech being violated.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

and as Team member for users

if you have a problem with mods you make a note of it in comments section stating this is for mods lounge .. then state your problem nd why you feel it was good/bad ... the mods review this as a team .. make sure you write it nicely and briefly not 20 minute explaining.. some topics are removed on the spot for content .. 2600 one of your contents is about hacking and things .. it was closed cause of the thigns that it can lead to .. alot of things are closed due to that issue alone .. yes we are adults but things do and can go out of hand ...
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

not taking sides here but you guys really dont know what 2600 is all about if you believe that it publishes illegal content.
    ""in certain cases...one remains a philosopher only by being silent." -Friedrich Neitzsche "