Freedom of speech? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Freedom of speech?

Originally posted by Dharma Lion:
    not taking sides here but you guys really dont know what 2600 is all about if you believe that it publishes illegal content.
    I know all about 2600 .. i used to be in the hacking scene and all that and used to help run a site on t50 back in the days then relaized how stupid and dumb it was .. 2600 has nothing to do with fixing and repairing systems which is what were all trying to say
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

Originally posted by RoccoSiffredi:
    The only 5 posts that you have posted in the last 5 days are as follows

Need Good Computer Prank

Dual Boot God Needed

Female Techs Ideal Boyfriend

Tech God Monkey

Freedom of Speech

Actually, Dual Boot God Needed was mine.
    (Not to jump in all of this mess...)
    if(post.eof()){SigBox.setText("Have A Day.");}

i agree...it has nothing to do with fixing computers, but the content is hardly illegal. beleive it or not, i have found quite a bit of valid information in that publication...all of which is software based, and as you stated has nothing to do with fixing computers...dont want to start a pissing contest so i'll shut up now
    ""in certain cases...one remains a philosopher only by being silent." -Friedrich Neitzsche "

Speaking of the hacking references and whatnot, whatever happened to the hacking links right on the main site oh so long ago? I suppose they dissapeared with internet.com hosting the site?

I've read 2600, when I was immature, and younger. It's not appropriate for these forums. Period.

not taking sides here but you guys really dont know what 2600 is all about if you believe that it publishes illegal content.

Originally posted by Sheriff Q:
    I've read 2600, when I was immature, and younger. It's not appropriate for these forums. Period.
    There used to be a direct link to 2600 right from the main windrivers site. Whatever happened to those links?

Well for the people here that belive 2600 condones illegal activities ie hacking phreaking etc... apperently you have never read the magizine or visited the site, all meetings are informational and they do not condone illgal behavior either, i moved from indianapolis, at these 2600 meetings i have leared a great deal of my computer knowledge and now that i feel i am a decent tech wit h6 years under my belt i would like to pass the knowledge along and help those that are like i once was, young computer stupid, now look at me, im a little older and lot more computer savy, (and yes i know my english needs help still) but besides the point i have never and will never do anything illegal that pertains to using a pc, server, or phone thats my 2 cents ...
    Luke, OBGYN Kanobi is the only one!!

Don't worry about starting a pissing match, someone else already did the honors.
    dont want to start a pissing contest so i'll shut up now

Well, cry me a river! 2600, aka Hacker Quarterly. Not appropriate for the forums. What else do I need to say.

Originally posted by drewber:
    Well for the people here that belive 2600 condones illegal activities ie hacking phreaking etc... apperently you have never read the magizine or visited the site, all meetings are informational and they do not condone illgal behavior either, i moved from indianapolis, at these 2600 meetings i have leared a great deal of my computer knowledge and now that i feel i am a decent tech wit h6 years under my belt i would like to pass the knowledge along and help those that are like i once was, young computer stupid, now look at me, im a little older and lot more computer savy, (and yes i know my english needs help still) but besides the point i have never and will never do anything illegal that pertains to using a pc, server, or phone thats my 2 cents ...

I agree. Maybe the user agreement needs to be changed to add "Any person who complains or whines about a moderator decision will be banned." I'm sick of the whiners, too.

Well, cry me a river! 2600, aka Hacker Quarterly. Not appropriate for the forums. What else do I need to say.

I fully agree, MacGyver.

Well, enough whining. Final: 2600=not appropriate for forums.

***END OF DISCUSSION***
    ***** TOPIC CLOSED ****
    Originally posted by MacGyver:
    I agree. Maybe the user agreement needs to be changed to add "Any person who complains or whines about a moderator decision will be banned." I'm sick of the whiners, too.