Decepticon Leader
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Decepticon Leader

Exclamation Decepticon Leader

Who would have been the most appropriate replacement for Megatron in the Transformers movie?
    Stress.... The uncontrollable urge to choke the living $417 out of someone who desperately needs it.

Ignorance.... The inherent capacity to demand of someone else that which one is too lazy to learn/perform for one's self.

User....An individual who, through immense proportions of ignorance, create stress.

Originally posted by Shift_2_Break:
    Who would have been the most appropriate replacement for Megatron in the Transformers movie?
    Cobra .. who else
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

Elbatcho

Talking

Starscream, no question. Has the best qualities and proved that when he just kicked megatron of the shuttle. Astrotrain could have done it but it would have been pointless. Just like devastator, no leadership power just brute force. Unicron would have been the best but it would have never worked since he ate planets and was not worried about ruling them.

CobraTekMax

Originally posted by JvaGuy:
    Cobra .. who else
    Nah, I can only transform into a drunk.

Devastator SHOULD have won based on shear power alone, but you've got the whole "6 minds as one" thing slows Devastator's thought process down and wouldn't be very good in a leadership role.

Soundwave would be my next choice, but as Scrapper pointed out in the movie, he has no charisma. Soundwave is a yes-man, not a leader.

Starscream is awesome, but he's too self-serving. The group as a whole would have suffered if Starscream would've continued to lead them.

What I would've done personally, is let Megatron rest in piece, and have Unicron rebuild Skywarp and Thundercracker into Scourge and Cyclonus, and allow Cyclonus to lead the Decepticons. That way, Thundercracker (Cyclonus) could avenge Megatron's death, and finally get some recognition in the series. He was a way under-rated character.

U what?

if i understood the question, i could post an intelligent answer!

Mr Miyagi, by any other name... (is this sig short enough?)

Originally posted by Elbatcho:
    Starscream, no question. Has the best qualities and proved that when he just kicked megatron of the shuttle. Astrotrain could have done it but it would have been pointless. Just like devastator, no leadership power just brute force. Unicron would have been the best but it would have never worked since he ate planets and was not worried about ruling them.
    I guess that is why Decepticon leaders were always Titanium armored worms. I've always admired Soundwave's loyalty and pronounced ability for teamwork. Starscream just seams wrong. It would be really warped to combine their personalities into a new TransFormer.
    Stress.... The uncontrollable urge to choke the living $417 out of someone who desperately needs it.

Ignorance.... The inherent capacity to demand of someone else that which one is too lazy to learn/perform for one's self.

User....An individual who, through immense proportions of ignorance, create stress.

Originally posted by Cobrage:
    Nah, I can only transform into a drunk.

Devastator SHOULD have won based on shear power alone, but you've got the whole "6 minds as one" thing slows Devastator's thought process down and wouldn't be very good in a leadership role.

Soundwave would be my next choice, but as Scrapper pointed out in the movie, he has no charisma. Soundwave is a yes-man, not a leader.

Starscream is awesome, but he's too self-serving. The group as a whole would have suffered if Starscream would've continued to lead them.

What I would've done personally, is let Megatron rest in piece, and have Unicron rebuild Skywarp and Thundercracker into Scourge and Cyclonus, and allow Cyclonus to lead the Decepticons. That way, Thundercracker (Cyclonus) could avenge Megatron's death, and finally get some recognition in the series. He was a way under-rated character.

man i miss that show ..
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

Elbatcho

Originally posted by Shift_2_Break:
    I guess that is why Decepticon leaders were always Titanium armored worms. I've always admired Soundwave's loyalty and pronounced ability for teamwork. Starscream just seams wrong. It would be really warped to combine their personalities into a new TransFormer.
    That's the thing, soundwave was awsome because he was so loyal to megatron, but had no leadership qualities. You need a worm or a rat or a snake to be incharge since they get the most work done for them by keeping every body at each others throats and trying to get reconized by the leader.

this topic just screams no life

sorry, just had to be said, there's no nice way to say it but you ppl know too much about a show from the eighties
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

CobraTekMax

Originally posted by thirdfey:

sorry, just had to be said, there's no nice way to say it but you ppl know too much about a show from the eighties
    Dude, in the 80s, that show, G.I. Joe and He-man WERE MY LIFE!

Elbatcho

I grew up on these shows, that and cheesey english shows like blue peter and grange hill. The American cartoons rocked. It was all about good vs evil, right vs wrong. It was all about war and fighting and at that time it wasn't a bad thing. The 80's were a great time to be a kid. You didn't have to be scared to go to school, you didn't have to worry about being shot. It was all about the cartoons and the music. That was everything and that's all you needed. I don't think there has been any other shows which were half as good as these. It's like Star Wars and X Files and the Sopranos. They gave you an escape for half an hour everyday. It was all about the Fun of the show.

I don't think they should've even replaced Megatron in the first place. He was perfect as leader of the bad guys. Although it was an interesting marketing move. By killing him off, made alot more room for bringing in a whole gang of new characters to make toys out of.

I think they should remake that movie with exactly the same plot and action, but just replace that old '80's animation with some more modern 3D animation and effects.
    Hello World

What you have labeled as no life, I lay claim as keeping my sanity through the insane actions of fantasy characters. Who needs to shoot somebody when you can go home, turn on the TV, and mentally label a nauseous character then watch him get blown away? Same reason I've been addicted to video games.....stress reliefe!
    I'll side with El Batcho and Cobra here. Cartoons were my life. Taken a step further, my idea of retirement would be a 24/7 cable channel devoted to 80's cartoons minus mun chi chi's / gadget / and gobots

Bring back DarkStar, Transformers, Orbots, Ewoks, and He-Man (maybe Shera too?)

How's that for no life?

CobraTekMax

Okay, a slight tangent here, but I'm not gonna start a new topic for it.

Cobra Commander or Sepentor? Which one was the better leader of Cobra?

You should already know my answer.

Elbatcho

Originally posted by Cobrage:
    Okay, a slight tangent here, but I'm not gonna start a new topic for it.

Cobra Commander or Sepentor? Which one was the better leader of Cobra?

You should already know my answer.
    Cobra Commander was always more fun. His ideas were just crazy and that's what made him rock. The show got all serious for awhile when Serpentor took over and then when those bio things came into the show it became a lot more darker.