Black & White - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Black & White

Im up for it Cobra
    on tonights menu - special fried bios

Originally posted by COBRATEKMAX:
    First off, beware of bugs! EA & Lionhead really let the QC department slip on this one. Most lockups can be solved by copying the music folder off the CD into the the directory Black & White is installed on the hard drive.
    As someone commented on EA's tech support forum, "Our beta testers smoke crack"

I have yet to get an answer out of EA as to why it refuses to run. I'm 99% sure it's the SafeDisk 2, since House Party is broken in the exact same way. I know it's not my system, because Livin' Large (Sims 1.1) works fine, but House Party (Sims 1.2) won't even start.

But the screenshots as B&W installs look very nice.

CobraTekMax

Cool. Anyone up for starting a B&W clan, PM or IM me.

Then again - there's a story on the Register that B&W might be SPYWARE!
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/8/18279.html
    #include <disclaimer.h>: I didn't do it, nobody saw me, you can't prove anything, I swear I checked her ID first, and the opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of my employer.

ALL I WANT IS A FRIGGIN WORKSHOP!!!! My Ape went on a damn descipling frenzy...if he wasn't eating the villagers...he was turning them into breeders!! HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT TILL I GET SOMETHING TO BUILD WITH?!?!?!?!??!!!
    Donegal Sixth Brigade
    Scrappin' clanners off the bottom of our mech's feet.

CobraTekMax

Snafu, you don't get the ability to build until the second island. As soon as you arrive there, another god allies up with you, and gives you a workshop as a gift.

Middle of Nowhere and 1 mile north, in Alberta, CANADA

B&W is a freaking great game, i'm hopelessly addicted to it, i just can't leave my villagers!! lol i play way too much, but not as much as a friend, played for 20 hours straight!!
    Never let the facts get in the way of a carefully thought out bad idea!

From gaseous clouds forming around Uranus

Originally posted by COBRATEKMAX:
    First off, beware of bugs! EA & Lionhead really let the QC department slip on this one. Most lockups can be solved by copying the music folder off the CD into the the directory Black & White is installed on the hard drive.

Thanks COBRATEKMAX, This info helped me a lot! Game loads faster, saves faster, plays smoother, Thanks!!
    "Oh my beloved Ice Cream Bar, how I love to lick your creamy center" - Ren

It certainly is a great game, but let's get one thing straight: It's a Lionhead game, not an EA one. EA published it, but they handled the whole thing terribly, and LH are switching to a different publisher for their next game.

But oh my, there are a lot of bugs. Worst one is the Creature AI thing where they must be shown miracles before they can cast them in each session of play...
    Derdego, forte laures inaro
    Demarent laures, demar trux,
    Fullou causan hensan dux.

Elbatcho

I just read reviews of the game on IGN and now I have to go and buy it. Of course this means my girlfriend will be yelling at me again to get of that computer thingy.

THanks guys...I don't think I'm ever going to get past the first level. I have to keep an eye out for my ape. WHen I hover over him...he races around throwing grain and fish into the supply, or running through the village turning every one into humpin' machines. But if I go off to do stuff (like find that blasted irresponsible punk of a shepards blasted sheep) and then check up on my ape. He's munchin cattle or the sheep I just found! Greedy sucker he is...and like a little kid.

...I'm way too into this game...
    Donegal Sixth Brigade

CRAP!! THAT WAS MY 200th POST! AND IT WAS ABOUT A FRIGGIN' APE!!!....i need an avatar....
    Donegal Sixth Brigade

Start a playground skirmish, and get those nasty habits out of your ape's mind before you get to a level where you might actually NEED his help...
    Derdego, forte laures inaro
    Demarent laures, demar trux,
    Fullou causan hensan dux.

Originally posted by Hell Gopher:
    Start a playground skirmish, and get those nasty habits out of your ape's mind before you get to a level where you might actually NEED his help...
    uhhh....okay. Why a skirmish? Never mind. I'll try it out and see what happens.
    Donegal Sixth Brigade

My ape learned not to poop.... EVER!!!! haha i must be an evil god i would smack him anytime he tried to and he became all fat and stuff hehe ,... BTW i am stuck on the 3rd world,.. this lvl sucks
    Some people say i am indecisive, but i dont think i am, but sometimes i do.