Black & White
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Black & White

Thumbs up Black & White

I know I have seen this game pop up in the Forums a few times, but OH MY, what a beautiful game. Me and my better half went and got it this weekend. Does anyone have any good tips, ideas, things you have found out. I dont want cheats, just ideas.
    on tonights menu - special fried bios

CobraTekMax

First off, beware of bugs! EA & Lionhead really let the QC department slip on this one. Most lockups can be solved by copying the music folder off the CD into the the directory Black & White is installed on the hard drive.

That being said, I actually tried to be a good god at first. I helped my people out. I'd harvest their grain for them. I caught thousands of fish. I chopped down forests for their wood storage. I healed the sick. And the little bastards always wanted more.

Then I turned evil. When I got to the second land, I learned how to cast the fireball and lighthing bolt miracles. I set fire to their houses. I taught my creature to relieve himself in the food storage. I made my people give up their lives to worship me, putting their own needs on the shelf. Small children were either sacrificed at my temple, or fed to my creature.

Soon, I conquered all the other villages on the second island, including those under the control of my "ally". My hand turned in a twisted red claw, and my temple began to grow spikes out of it. My creature has taken after me, and now devours the villagers, or tosses them around like rag dolls just for fun. Sometimes, he and I play catch with the sick and wounded.

In short, being evil makes the game much more fun, IMHO. Being good is too much of a chore, and your villagers start to slack off and rely on you to do all their work. If you're evil, you can let them starve to death, and they'll actually worship you MORE to pray for mercy.

Also, the ape learns a LOT faster than the other two creatures. But the tiger is my favorite, just because he looks so damn mean as he starts to turn evil.

dood who makes it?

I cant even find it on happypuppy.com!
    "I may not like what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Voltaire.

its an EA game.

Being bad huh Cobra. I also copied the music to the Hard drive. I have had a few crashes in Win2000, but only during a local network game. It only seems to happen when i go to throw something at the wife

The AI is absolutely amazing imho.

DaOnly123Kid

cobra is right being evil is a hell of a lot more fun

Question

Who makes this game??
    Cameron: The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion...
    Ferris: ..it is his fault he didn't lock the gararge.

Drippy...read the previous posts...they've said it a couple times.

I think I might get the game...It looks sorta like a funner version of populas. Sort of.

Your right LagMonster, it really is like Populous. What I think is fantastic is the UI, completely Icon free. I dont really get into games, but B&W has totally grabbed me.

It's soooo hard to be a good god in B&W. My creature sparkles with the light of goodness, but pops villagers in his mouth at an alarming rate. I think he's up to 25 villagers and 28 animals, on the second island. I, however, cannot get rid of those spikes on my temple, all because I used the other gods villages as a bowling alley.

Anyway, here's my tip:
    -train your creature to work out. I have my creature trained to pick up a rock and run around for a while. This really keeps their strength up, which is good in battles. They also get all muscular, which looks better than the skinny creatures my friends have.

BTW, has anyone figured out how to save the farmer's cows without killing one of the kids?
    end of line.

Ok, i must confess guys, my wife trashed me yesterday. I was so busy trying to plan my attack on her i neglected my lion, she was busy setting him on fire. She told me after it was funny because he kept using his myrical shower on himself, then getting pi$$y when she would set him on fire again. When I finally noticed, he was sitting in the ocean.. Hows that for AI

When i see a game by EA i usually take a closer look (i am a hardcore Need for speed and red alert 2 fan )
    From what you are saying this game is really good, so i am gonna check it out right now...

Talking

LOL, I went and bought the game last night, just because of this tread (and the TWO posts that were in it at the time), and After I installed it and played around a while...I just couldn't stop laughing at the kinds of stuff i could do (I'm evil...from the start. I'm going to make another character to be a good god...but for now... ) And yes...the AI is amazong and I love the GUI.
    Donegal Sixth Brigade
    Scrappin' clanners off the bottom of our mech's feet.

blahness

Originally posted by Rocinante:
    Your right LagMonster, it really is like Populous. What I think is fantastic is the UI, completely Icon free. I dont really get into games, but B&W has totally grabbed me.
    if i heard correctly, B&W is made by the creator of populous... i dunno but thats what i heard anyways

The only nag I have is you cant skip the Tutorial.

CobraTekMax

I am Cyclonus, God of Being a Complete Jackass. I rule a bearen, almost totally black wasteland, where no crops grow, and the sun hardly ever shines. Balls of fire sweep through the land, burning down entire forests, as those foolish enough to loaf around in the village square are struck by lightning.

Any god foolish enough to allign themselves with me are soon stabbed in the back, as I wreak havoc on their people. If the people do not believe in me, then they shall not believe in anyone.

And if they think I'm evil, they soon consider me a saint when they encounter my creature - a 30 foot tall, blood red and black tiger. This monstrosity has no use for the people whatsoever - I honestly think he despises their very existance. Though he is rather fond of women and children - they're very filling.

Hey, I just thought of something...we should get together and form a Windrivers clan for playing B&W online. That would be cool.