[RESOLVED] NEED HELP RE: SOUND DEVICE ON LAPTOP!!

Thread: [RESOLVED] NEED HELP RE: SOUND DEVICE ON LAPTOP!!

J@M

Post NEED HELP RE: SOUND DEVICE ON LAPTOP!!

My boyfriend's brother recently bought a (secondhand)Magitoronic Multimedia Notebook Computer (Model #862) and when his games did not work due to lack of hard drive space, he decided to start deleting anything that didn't look important...INCLUDING SYSTEM FILES!! Now the sound will not work, and we can't find the drivers for it. Under multimedia, it says that the CDROM drive is working properly, but that there are no Audio Devices installed. I have looked everywhere and tried the Windows 95 disk, but have come up confused and emptyhanded. The CDROM is a Toshiba CD-ROM XM-1402B and we are running on Windows 95. Can someone out there please help with this problem?? The cost of fixing a laptop in my area is very expensive (even for a small problem)and we're thinking of buying the computer but can't afford to take it in to be fixed.

Shinma

You've lost me. Why is this posted on CD-ROM/CDR Drivers forum? Anyways, the Toshiba CD-Rom XM1402B does NOT require a driver. As to your question re: SYSTEM files, we don't know which ones he deleted, so it is highly doubtful we will be able to assist with that part of the question. Sorry, you may have to restore the entire hard disk drive.

You've lost your soundcard drivers !

These drivers should have been supplied with the machine, either on floppys or cd.

You will have to find and load them to get any sound back.
    feel free to comment on my website. <a href="http://www.bytes-back.co.uk" target="_blank">http://www.bytesback.fsbusiness.co.uk</a>