[RESOLVED] Media Vision FUSION CD16 HELP!

Thread: [RESOLVED] Media Vision FUSION CD16 HELP!

matthejp

Resolved [RESOLVED] Media Vision FUSION CD16 HELP!

I am trying to set up an old PC for a friend. It has the MediaVision Fusion 16CD multimedia pack, which consists of the PAS16 sound card with SCSI interface and an LMSI (Philips) CM-205 CD-rom. The system is crappy - 486sx, running Win95 - but should still run!!

Win95 detects hardware and installs protected mode drivers for sound card only. Then I manually change sound card configuration (to Basic Config 2) to allow SB emulation and SCSI CD operation. Win95 then installs the Trantor Mediavision SCSI controller for the CD. When it installs and I restart, CD is not detected.

I lookup Device Manager and the SCSI controller is not working (BIG ! over the icon). The CD is plugged in correctly (99% certain) and is does play audio if I just press play on CD player. The sound card also plays audio just fine.

Why doesnt PC control CDrom?

Do I need any special settings on card?

you are probably going to have to use the dos drivers (if you dont have them I have one that says media vision dbl fusion16 that might work, let me know if you want it)I used to have that a long time ago, ran in win95 fine, but I had the dos drivers installed first before installing win95

[This message has been edited by JeanneD (edited March 22, 1999).]
    "Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do"

Sterling_Aug

Question

If anyone has any info on the above listed items, I would be very grateful. I just got the same sound card and almost the same CD-ROM (I have a CM-206 instead of CM-205).

I have NO INFO on how to set up the sound card jumpers and no info on how to wire up the CD-ROM.

Thanks,