What gets on your nerves ???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What gets on your nerves ???

Registered User Morticia Addams's Avatar

Red face What gets on your nerves ???

Okay I work with this guy at work and he has this thing with people that whistle. I mean he almost wants to pound these people. I guess something with what he had dealt with someone else. Anyway. I was actually noticing today that I wanted to come over the counter and smack these people in the head that were whistling.
    It was getting to me to. Also this guy comes in and while waiting for his change he starts to do a little drum solo on the counter. I was like thinking ..Dude this isnt Virgin records Im not going to give you a contract but I just might kick your butt if you dont stop that.
    I dont know maybe because I know the reaction that he is going to have when someone does that I get on edge to. I also cant stand when women with these long nails start tapping them on whatever that just bugs me to no end. My asst manager does that and it doesnt help that I cant stand her in the first place.

there was a guy that use to sit next to me and was annoying as all hell. he kept talking to me and didnt want to shut up. he kept looking at my monitor and looking at everything i was doing, he kept staring at me .

when i was putting a post in windrivers he was looking at what i was typing and said.

Hey you in windrivers you looking for drivers, then he tried to read what i was typing.

and i told him to mind his own business but he didnt stop.

so then i had to unleash my evil self .

our seating arrangment changed because he didn always sit next to me. for the 2 weeks he was sitting next to me i made it hell and really hard on him.

i made fun of him everyday i seen and just continued ripping on him. the guy that sits in back of my started crying from laughing so hard.

also he kept talking about russia and russia this and russia that. so i started calling him a comi bastard. (i have nothing against russian just this person)

so one day i walk in and the supervisor says hey you notice something new?

and im like no.
    then he said look he's not sitting by you anymore.

and i said THANK YOU FOR MOVING HIM

i was happy he got sick of my BS and moved.

i kinda miss ripping on him though

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Personally, I hate people that whistle. It's inconsiderate and it interrupts the concentration of others around them. If you want others to hear the music in your headphones, just unplug the dammed headphones. If it's good music, we'll tell you to turn it up. If not, we'll ram the radio down your throat.

Sorry.

[/rant]
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

Stupid people.

Now, I don't mean uneducated people, if you don't know, I won't hold it against you.

Perfect example: I have 2 managers.

Neither know anything about computers, except how to turn it on and run business applications.

The first one, asked me how to do this, do that. And asks me the same thing every time, never learns. Makes the same mistakes all the time. I've even shown him how to put a toner in the laserjet. He still asks me to show him. That gets on my nerves.

The other one, didn't even know how to use Excel. He asked me to show him how to make a spreadsheet. Well, I showed him that, how to make charts and cut&padte into powerpoint to make presentations. He hasn['t asked me how to do it again, and does that by himself. He got an error message saying his mailbox was full. I showed him how to empty his deleted bin and sent items. He hasn't had that problem again. That doesn't bother me one bit. Yes, most of it would seem very simple to us, but some people just don't know, but when they learn, they learn how to use it.

I don't mind teaching someone how to do something, it just bugs me when I have to show them again and again (less tolerance with the simpler the task is - like putting a new toner inthe printer).

(The really sad thing is when I was an HP rep, this guy worked in onde of the stores I did and I showed him how to do it on the same printer we have in the store, that was on his display...)
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

people who get pis$ed off for no good reason

people who spoil online games

psycho drivers
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

Totally agree with you on that one Draggar
    I wish I had a dime for everytime this asst manager ask me the SAME question over and over. Its like I wanna say I dunno. FIGURE IT OUT !!!

[quote]Originally posted by MorticiaAddams:
    <strong>Totally agree with you on that one Draggar
    I wish I had a dime for everytime this asst manager ask me the SAME question over and over. Its like I wanna say I dunno. FIGURE IT OUT !!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just from all my wife's talk, I WANNA SMACK her assistant manager!
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

[quote]Originally posted by Tazdrummer:
    <strong>

Just from all my wife's talk, I WANNA SMACK her assistant manager!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah be my guest .. Alright im just kidding..
    Revenge comes in many ways

let me talk to your manager i'll rip on her morticia just like i did to the guy at work.

i'll make your manager feel like the smallest person in the world.

i remember i would rip on people in chat rooms (not anymore)this is when i first got on the internet.
    then i joined a room called house of insults and everyone ripped on each other. it was fun till people started nuking me and nocking me off line

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

[quote]Originally posted by MorticiaAddams:
    <strong>Okay I work with this guy at work....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nuh-uh

Had me fooled.

j.k.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

I usually consider myself pretty tolerant, but...

When the CEO calls a board meeting, he has this phrase...when I hear it I become downright homicidal...including drooling out of sheer rage and frustration, because I know when I hear this phrase, it'll mean at least four hours of sitting there, non-productively, while this guy talks just to hear himself....I can hardly type it without cringing...."Boys...we have to crunch numbers big time!" AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's really a sore point right now...I'm up at four in the morning, to make a three hundred mile round trip to the office, just for one of these meetings. *Big Sigh*

Besides that, I used to have a real problem with people coming over to visit my wife and me. Once they know that I compete dogs in obedience trials, they all want to "bark" commands at my two labs. And don't have a clue about handling dogs! [After long weeks of training, I finally got the older dog [that's him in the picture below] to growl when someone else tells him to "sit." The younger one will just look at them all bored and blase'.]

Then, when people on the street or in the park see me working/walking/training the dogs...four out of five will ask, "How do you get them to behave like that?" I used to tell them "hundreds of hours of work..." Now I just tell them there's a "new obedience pill out...give them one each morning, and they'll do whatever you want!"
    "Qui me amat, amat et canem meum."

users

Draggar - I am with you...

I honestly hate people who won't learn for themselves. Some stuff is so easy that I become sure they are taking the piss.

For instance, my father has a computer, he opens emails- ALL of them and the attachments from people he doesn't know and of course catches everything under the sun. Last time I checked he hadn't allowed the auto update on pc-cillin to run for 3 months. I ask him why, he says "I don't want it to interfere with me getting my email." ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, ok, so moving on I check the last time he ran the backup.

Now backing up in his computer is not hard... all he has to do is click an icon, it's completely automated from there. That has also not been run, why not I ask? "Well" he says "I am not sure how it works, I don't like to click on stuff you have done, in case I mess it up"

OMG what the hell do I do? I sigh, I run the backup, I update his av and in 2 or 3 months when I go see him again, I will do the same thing all over again.

Oh btw, anyone know how many emails outlook 97 can support in the inbox? He currently has 12,000 and "needs" all of them to hand.... HELP!!!

Thank goodness I don't have customers like him, or maybe I should, I would make a packet!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

[quote]Originally posted by NooNoo:
    <strong>Oh btw, anyone know how many emails outlook 97 can support in the inbox? He currently has 12,000 and "needs" all of them to hand.... HELP!!!
    </strong><hr></blockquote>

I think it can support as many as you can put in there, just the PST files will get HUGE and it will run slower.

If you want, try to put them into seperate folders (but that sounds like it might be too much for your father (no offence, just what it sounds like from what you were saying)).
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

[quote]Originally posted by Draggar:
    <strong>

I think it can support as many as you can put in there, just the PST files will get HUGE and it will run slower.

If you want, try to put them into seperate folders (but that sounds like it might be too much for your father (no offence, just what it sounds like from what you were saying)).</strong><hr></blockquote>

Heh sorry Draggar, wasn't really asking for tech help with outlook inbox... and yes you are absolutely right, even storing them as text or rtf files in nice directories in my documents is too much for him to cope with... sigh...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."