[RESOLVED] Err...will you like Marry me or Somthing.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Err...will you like Marry me or Somthing.

Elbatcho

Red face Err...will you like Marry me or Somthing.

I am thinking about getting engaged to my girlfriend. I have been with her 2 years now and I love her very very much. The only thing I am dubious about how do I do it. I want to make it as romatic as possible, but not corny. You guys and gal's have helped me with many issues as far a computers and os's and now I ask for ideas about how to ask my Girlfriend to marry me.

should have done it yesterday in fornt of everyone .. so it could be seen ... hmm whens you all next big day like bday or something .. do it when alot of people are around .. send flowers to her work with a note .. and be standing there ..get a few of her co workers involved ... make it a real mind blower ...
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

Page her with a 1-800 number that has a voice recorder.

"Will you marry me?"
    "Press 1 for yes"
    "Press 2 for no"

First off, I wouldn't ask her unless you have discussed marriage in the past and that you both agree you should get married. If she's not sure, she may be shocked and say no.

Anyways, the best thing you can do is to surprise her. It doesn't have to be romantic, but the surprise aspect should create enough romance in itself (that you're thoughtful and you care about her) It doesn't need to cost a lot of money, and the surprise should be sudden so she can't guess what you're up to.

When I proposed to my wife, I rented a car (TIP: don't try finding a rental car for a long weekend) and drove 3 hours to where she was spending the week at her mom's place. I drove by the house to make sure she was there, then called her up on my cellphone saying "There's a special package in the driveway for you!"

She never expected me at all and it was the best!

Originally posted by Elbatcho:
    I am thinking about getting engaged to my girlfriend. I have been with her 2 years now and I love her very very much. The only thing I am dubious about how do I do it. I want to make it as romatic as possible, but not corny. You guys and gal's have helped me with many issues as far a computers and os's and now I ask for ideas about how to ask my Girlfriend to marry me.
    No problem. What's your budget, and what are some of her intrests? The best ideas to work with are the ones that she drops on the side.
    I think he's a good man. I like him. I got nothing against him, but I'm definitely gonna make orphans of his children.
    Drederick Tatum
    Simpsons

You could do it on the web, maybe with 2 web cams! That would be kinda cool.

My cousin took his girlfriend out to a nice restaurant and just about his, and her, whole family was there, including yours truly, and when he proposed everyone popped up and congratulated them. It was pretty cool. She was pissed, because we're pretty close and I didn't tell her that he had been planning the whole thing for two months.
    end of line.

Do it like Rocky. "Um.. Uh.. Ya know i was Uh wondering, ya know and If Uh ya know you aint doin' nutin and UH I know I ain't doing nutin' ya know, uh. I was thinking ya know, uh maybe ya know.. uh, maybe you's and me ya know, uh should uh be gettin' married or somethin' ya know, uh, If ya ain't doing nutin' that is, ya know."

Try that. Let us know how is goes.
    It's good to be the King.

Seriously though, I got engaged on Mothers day. She was at my apt. and just out of the shower. She walked into my room where I sit with our 1 year old son on the bed and i say "Lane(my kid) and I were talking and he would really like it if you would agree to marry me for mothers day". She jumped on me and started crying. Women are so weak...

just surprise her while doing something fun together.
    It's good to be the King.

did you call the neighbor over (to watch your son) so you all could take another shower to celebrate :þ

Originally posted by dweedo:
    Seriously though, I got engaged on Mothers day. She was at my apt. and just out of the shower. She walked into my room where I sit with our 1 year old son on the bed and i say "Lane(my kid) and I were talking and he would really like it if you would agree to marry me for mothers day". She jumped on me and started crying. Women are so weak...

just surprise her while doing something fun together.
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

Elbatcho

Talking

You Guy's Rock, I am getting some really good Idea's. I was going to do it like Bevis but I don't think she would see the humor in that. I do have a Buget in mind and found a really cool ring for her. We haven't talked about it, but that's beacue I was engaged twice before and she doesn't want to Jinx this. I got this info from her best friend how has been feeding me intel via Email. I know she is going to say yes, and now it's just finding a way to do it. I also have to ask her father for permission. I know it's old fashioned and corny but I'm English and I would want a guy to do that if I had a daughter. The pager thing was a good Idea except I would have to lend her mine, and she would get irratated by the all the servers pager her saying the the event log is full or unexpected error. May 15th is our 2 year aniversary so I was planing on that day. Thank's guy's you rock, and keep them comming.

mogul218

If she's a school teacher you could get her kid's to hold up a letter each saying marry me "her name here" like in that movie Meet The Parents. Come to think of it, what's her profession?

Elbatcho

Talking

She is a Legal Aid, I was thinking about getting deffendents to hold up card with will you marry me but I don't have that many smokes

mogul218

If her workplace has an intercom system, maybe you can get them to let you propose to her over it?

Why don't you get with her boss and have her ring put in a legal binder? Lawyers always have these huge folders they're running around with, get her boss to agree to put it and a message on the inside of a dummy file that says will you marry me and have him give it to her (while your in the office hiding)and tell her it's urgent. She opens it....you walk out....the rest is history.