One more week to go

Thread: One more week to go

Post One more week to go

Damn, what a bad weekend for bay area pro football. Both the 49ers and Raiders played fairly decent, but each ended up losing to their arch enemies in the closing seconds of each of the games. I don't want to sound like a Whiner, but I did notice a couple of things I'd like to vent about with the 49er game.

1) What the hell Mariucci?!?! You've got to challenge those close calls in the end-zone. Carter was clearly shy of the touchdown. And NO,.. I won't say thanks for getting us into the play-offs. I'll say thanks when you win us a Super Bowl. Get off your high-horse Mooch.
    2) Note to the umpire,.. when you see the QB starting to scramble, especially on a critical 3rd or 4th down play,... GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!
    3) Note to officials,.. when the QB throws a fade route to his receiver in the back of the end-zone, usually you should be calling pass interference when the DB has his hands all over the receiver. cough cough George Teague on Owens cough cough.

Anyway, 49ers vs. Cowboys and Raiders vs. Broncos have been serious rival games for quite some time, and to see both bay area teams lose like that in bitter rivaly, at the end of the year was definately not cool. But both teams can make it up by finding a way to get to New Orleans in February.
    Hello World

[quote]Originally posted by WebHead:
    <strong>Damn, what a bad weekend for bay area pro football. Both the 49ers and Raiders played fairly decent, but each ended up losing to their arch enemies in the closing seconds of each of the games. I don't want to sound like a Whiner, but I did notice a couple of things I'd like to vent about with the 49er game.

1) What the hell Mariucci?!?! You've got to challenge those close calls in the end-zone. Carter was clearly shy of the touchdown. And NO,.. I won't say thanks for getting us into the play-offs. I'll say thanks when you win us a Super Bowl. Get off your high-horse Mooch.
    2) Note to the umpire,.. when you see the QB starting to scramble, especially on a critical 3rd or 4th down play,... GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!
    3) Note to officials,.. when the QB throws a fade route to his receiver in the back of the end-zone, usually you should be calling pass interference when the DB has his hands all over the receiver. cough cough George Teague on Owens cough cough.

Anyway, 49ers vs. Cowboys and Raiders vs. Broncos have been serious rival games for quite some time, and to see both bay area teams lose like that in bitter rivaly, at the end of the year was definately not cool. But both teams can make it up by finding a way to get to New Orleans in February. </strong><hr></blockquote>

You sound a little bit pissed WEB??
    Just because the ref's are all from
    the Dallas Ft.Worth area?
    And I still say F**K the cowpies!
    And there ref squad!
    If all else fails / Read the Directions![

[quote]Originally posted by Dr.J:
    <strong>

You sound a little bit pissed WEB??</strong><hr></blockquote>

Maybe just a little. The 49ers are gonna have to suck it up though, and just get ready to head out to Green Bay in the next couple of weeks. Damn, I'm sooooo not looking forward to that. :shudder: But as much as that scenario scares me, I have complete confidence in the Niners. I'm not a 49er faithful for nothin.
    Hello World

Losing to the Bengals is like getting anal raped by your grandpa.

Hopefully, this is the only letdown the rest of the season. And hopefully Kordell doesn't let one bad game (well, one bad quarter, really) ruin the great mindset he's been having lately.

And Cowher, GET BETTIS BACK ON THE FIELD DAMN IT!!! Come on, with next to no running game with Zeroeue out, defenses are starting to catch on to the Stewart/Burress/Ward trio. Yesterday's game could've been winnable if the Bus was playing.

And finally, I knew it would happen sooner or later...Kris Brown missing an extra point came back to bite the Steelers on the @$$.

[quote]Originally posted by Cobra:

Losing to the Bengals is like getting anal raped by your grandpa.<hr></blockquote>

Tell me about it. My hiney is still hurting. The biggest problem that we need to address is our special teams.... namely KICKING!! D%*nit! Another missed extra point!!

Hopefully we got the big letdown game out of our system. Next week will tell.

Edit: My last comment on this sore subject... "Jon Kitna, the NFL's lowest rated passer, became the first to throw for 400 yards against the Steelers since 1988, when Doug Williams had 430. Kitna's 411 yards were a career high and his 68 passes tied for third-most in NFL history. He completed 35 of them." - Yahoo Sprots writeup. Wakeup fellas!! We were 12-2 for a reason. Let's not ease up now.
    It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. - David St. Hubbins

<strong>Losing to the Bengals is like getting anal raped by your grandpa. ...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Jeez, I didn't even realize that one. I just assumed the Steelers had that one for sure. I guess it was a crappy weekend for all the cool teams this weekend.
    Hello World

<strong>Losing to the Bengals is like getting anal raped by your grandpa. </strong><hr></blockquote>

see what happens when you underestimate the bengals? hahahahahaha

<strong>Losing to the Bengals is like getting anal raped by your grandpa.

Hopefully, this is the only letdown the rest of the season. And hopefully Kordell doesn't let one bad game (well, one bad quarter, really) ruin the great mindset he's been having lately.

And Cowher, GET BETTIS BACK ON THE FIELD DAMN IT!!! Come on, with next to no running game with Zeroeue out, defenses are starting to catch on to the Stewart/Burress/Ward trio. Yesterday's game could've been winnable if the Bus was playing.

And finally, I knew it would happen sooner or later...Kris Brown missing an extra point came back to bite the Steelers on the @$$. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Couldn't agree with you more. That game was tough to watch. Steeler Fans could complain about officiating, but the bottom line is that when you're playing the bungles it shouldn't be close enough for the ref's to have ANY impact on the outcome.

What the hell happened to the pash rush??? Kitna throws for 411??? what the hell was going on with the defense.

I think cowher and the team were looking past this game and trying to rest some players. how did zeroue who was listed as probable as of last friday, never step on the field (in my recollection of watching the majority of the game)

Everything worked out OK, because Oakland has stayed true to their form of the last few years by sputtering at the finish line.

With this meaningless game against cleveland, I propose that once inside the cleveland 30 yard line, no matter what down, you send Kris Brown out to kick field goals. He needs the work at heniz field since all their playoff games will be there.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Die-Hard BEARS fan here....glad to see they are getting back in the action....even though they have a soft schedule this year
    Raven

Quote:
    --------
    "Dont whiz on the electric fence"
    - Ren & Stimpy.

woohooo im glad to see im not the only one that is a bears fan.

i hope the bears slaughter all remaining teams.

GOOOOOO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

[quote]Originally posted by AbSoLuTeZeR0:
    <strong>woohooo im glad to see im not the only one that is a bears fan.

i hope the bears slaughter all remaining teams.

GOOOOOO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </strong><hr></blockquote>

gotta love um.....i agree....jacksonville is coming to chicago in a very cold time...hopefully that will help to add another WIN for Da Bears and a bye in the first round of the playoffs..if they lose, they must play a wild card game
    Raven

Quote:
    --------
    "Dont whiz on the electric fence"
    - Ren & Stimpy.