[RESOLVED] CD not in Device Mgr even after drivers installed

Thread: [RESOLVED] CD not in Device Mgr even after drivers installed

KelleyC

Question CD not in Device Mgr even after drivers installed

My Sony CD-ROM (CDU77E) installs and runs MANY software programs, but some will not install from the CD. Software tech support folks all say I need the 32-bit drivers since the CD does not show up at all in Device Mgr. Performance tab also shows that MS-DOS compatibility mode is in use.

I've downloaded driver from Sony and installed, but no change in problems. What else do I need to do?

~v@p0r~

Exclamation

sounds like you have windows 95.
    Do your IDE controllers have exclamation points on them (in device manager)?

You might want to remove any cdrom drivers from config.sys and autoexec.bat. Then, if that doesn't fix it, you need to check in the registery for a key called "noide" If you have that in there, delete it. If it's not in there, check for a virus. If there is no virus, post another reply with more details.

Saki

One reason why Ms-dos mode is on is also because you might have a virus, have the computer Cold boot(Power off and on) and run off a clean virus scan disk. When a computer has a virus the cd-rom sometime go weird, I know, this happened to me once.
    Really the computer should say that you are running 16-bit or 32-bit. Usually ms-dos mode means that it's either on safe mode or has a virus.