Getting screwed by Tigerdirect.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting screwed by Tigerdirect.com

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Thumbs down Getting screwed by Tigerdirect.com

Why the hell is it that I always pick the worst companies online to do business with? I ordered a Zerus twin turbo fan for my thunderbird 1.1ghz 6 days ago and I just check my order status and they havent even go the fricken thing in stock (after telling me on the phone that they did)! To top it all off, when I called in the order they tried to sell me every D@mn thing under the sun!

1. Virus protection
    2. Printer Cartridges
    3. Magazines
    4. Another CPU fan
    5. RAM
    6. Another Case fan

And let me tell you they are pushy! After this order I dont think that I will buy from them again. So far the only places that I haven't gotten screwed by are Ebay and Egghead.com! When will E-businesses learn that if you do not treat the customer good then they will tell everyone that they know about it and pretty soon nobody will buy from them! Just because you dont see the customer doesnt mean that you can treat them like $h!t and get away with it.

Sorry.....I had to vent, I have been screwed online too much lately
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

CobraTekMax

Egghead is one of the few truly good online distributors out there anymore. But they're WAAAAAAAAAAY off base on some of their prices.

1st Choice Memory also rules, if you're looking for nothing but memory.

That's odd...l've dealt with them a few times and its always been a good experience. The stuff got here faster than they said it would, and l told them once l wasn't interested in anything else and the guy just BS'd with me about politics instead of trying to sell me things. l guess one of us just got lucky (good luck on my part, or bad on your's).
    BreakWindows
    God told me to skin you alive..

I haven't had alot of luck with them myself. I've been using http://www.necxdirect.com as of late and have yet to have a problem. And believe me that's good, I've got very, very bad luck with hardware.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin

I've found myself liking: www.essencom.com and www.newegg.com lately.

the good thing about essencom is that if your on the east coast and you have a problem with them , just head on up to newyork and you can wring the neck of the person at thier nearest helpdesk
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU READING MY SIGNATURE FOR?!?

ONCE A GEEK ALWAYS A GEEK...

Thumbs down

I feel your pain!

I did business w/TigerDirect for some time on a personal basis for some time with no problem.

So, I thought they'd make a good supplier for work. WRONG!

Lost shipments, no delivery confirmations, no order acknowledgements, they even billed me for a MS optical mouse I didn't receive. I told them two months ago to provide POD and I'd pay the bill. Been quiet ever since.

Needless to say, they've been shut off from all my business.

Now we use CDW. And yes, while their prices may be a little higher, the record keeping most definitely helped ease the pain caused when we were audited for license complaince by MS.

"what'dya mean I hosed the whole thing? Is that bad?"

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Thumbs up

OMFG!!!! They finally shipped it!!!! Now How many years until I get the thing?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Nothing good ever comes out of something with the name tiger in it......IE, tiger computers.
    "Computers are useless, they can only give you answers"
    -Pablo Picasso

Originally posted by Kyr0n:
    Nothing good ever comes out of something with the name tiger in it......IE, tiger computers.
    hey don't mess with Tony the Tiger I can't do without my frosted flakes
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU READING MY SIGNATURE FOR?!?

ONCE A GEEK ALWAYS A GEEK...

Originally posted by Kyr0n:

Tony the Tiger doesnt count?

Edit: Beat me to it creep hehe
    Some people say i am indecisive, but i dont think i am, but sometimes i do.

Originally posted by Cobra MacLeod:
    Egghead is one of the few truly good online distributors out there anymore. But they're WAAAAAAAAAAY off base on some of their prices.

1st Choice Memory also rules, if you're looking for nothing but memory.
    Shyeah...if you don't mind the WHOLE WORLD knowing your credit card number.

I prefer CDW based stictly on reputation (it's easier for me sell them with business managers that other retailers)
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

Well with Egghead I ended up with my Creidt Card being cancelled before anything bad happened.

I was going to use Tigerdirect but I had problems with online ordering( servers wehere down) so I decided that if they can't allow me to purchase online then I will take my business else where.
    Faith is the substance of things not known and the Evidence of things not seen.

CobraTekMax

Originally posted by Skatman:

Tony the Tiger doesnt count?

Edit: Beat me to it creep hehe
    They're GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

Used to do business with them. Had a lot of returns of mobos, nics, processors. Finally said screw it. Deal mostly with cdw now. Higher priced, but good service , no returns, and I'm not paying for it anyway. Corporate account.
    Must not strangle users. Repeat. Must not strangle users.

Guess I'm lucky, I've never had a problem with Tiger but I'll be careful.

Check Comp-u-Plus, the shipping can get a bit pricey but they ship when they say they do and product arrives in working order. Only had one not do so and they handled the RMA very quickly and all online.