external cd-rom

Thread: external cd-rom

external cd-rom

Can someone please help me out. I have a external case for a cd-rom with a mitsumi 24X cd rom inside it. Does anyone know where to find drivers for this, or can anyone send me in the right direction.
    I'm conecting through a lpt port, and would prefer a driver that would work with multiple operating systems.

Thanks.
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.

From Mitsumi's site, you will find that the Mitsumi drive is likely an ATAPI drive. However, the question is how the drive is connected to your computer and what drivers it will take to make the connection. Are you 100% sure that this isn't a SCSI drive, with the 25-pin connector? Is there simply a straight cable connecting the CD-ROM to the computer? Any idea what kind of case the CD-ROM drive is in (make, model, etc.)?

Cool

Its a ATAPI CD-rom inside an external case. We had a similar setup, but the disk got lost for seting it up. I decided since its been slow to try and get one up and running, so we have something for the computers without cd-roms or laptops without cd-roms.

Thanks.
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.