Should I feel guilty regaurding using a sick day from work?

Thread: Should I feel guilty regaurding using a sick day from work?

Post Should I feel guilty regaurding using a sick day from work?

I have a job where I provide wireless technical service the community. Any given day, if I call into work, some people are SOL because I am not there to service their handset issues. I have seen the reactions the day after before, some prettier than others. I know I am not expected to have no life than work. But people do expect that Mon through Fri from 10 until 5 I will be available. I do not feel bad when it is pre-arranged. Then we have time to communicate to people. But this morning, I was feeling quite ill. But I made the haul into work because of not only the public, but the short staffedness of our crew right now. I knew if I stayed home, it would be like any of the other times I stayed home ill, sick and STRESSED. Stressed because I know what I am walking into the next day, messes and frustration. And stress probally from people cursing my name so much. So today I went in. On a different day I may chose option two. Either way, I am not comfortable at all.
    "We have no time for rational solutions."- G.Carlin

You're a;lways telling me to call out sick...

Call out on Friday, make it a long weekend!
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

I get annoyed when somebody comes into work when they are sick. They end up making everybody else sick, too! Then instead of having only one person away that needs to be covered for, everybody is working sick at reduced capacity and productivity.

You should arrange for a backup so that if you get sick, the people you support aren't left high and dry.

You should never feel sick casue you stayed home sick. also remember that you can take mentel health days.

I like trafic lights

I think people should take the day when they are sick. It helps everyone in the long run. Ofcourse thats kind of a hypocritical statement from me because I come into work no matter what most of the time. I might come in late because im ill but not miss the day.

If memory serves me correct i've only missed 3 days out sick in the last 10 years.
    I dont feel tardy...

[quote]You should arrange for a backup so that if you get sick, the people you support aren't left high and dry.

<hr></blockquote>

TRUST ME I'VE TRIED!!!! My manager knows how to do a couple of things, but ends up calling me a bunch of time throughout the day for me to try to walk him through it. My Asst. Manager, well, I don't know if he's afraid of computers or just learning new things. I tried to show him a number of times. He finds other things he needs to be doing.
    "We have no time for rational solutions."- G.Carlin

sick days vacation day all falls into my vacation days.

so if i take a sick day it extracts from my vacation time.

so i try not to take sick days for i can keep all my time off and take it when i want to go somwhere kool

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

If you're not well, there's no need to make things worse for yourself by going in and getting sicker! Sounds to me like the people you work with can't do without you, but all they can do is whine about it when you're not there.

Too much stress in a work environment can make you sick too...so... Are you sure it's not work that's making you sick? Methinks you may need a career change...or at the absolute minimum...a different company.
    Life is short - Eat dessert first! mmmm... cake

i called off twice from work this year and one was because i was going to be late and the other was because i just didnt feel like working,.

both days where relaxing. hmmmm i would take another sick day but i have to use it for when i go to court for my STUPID SON OF A B*TCH SPEEDING TICKET

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

If your sick take the time off, if your not but want to take time off use vaction or comp time, I hate it when people use all the time up on just having fun or just dont want to come in, but when they really need it like there really sick or the mom died or somthing and they dont have anymore they ask people at work if they can use some of theres.

Well you used it oh-well I will not give up mine.

Thats how I see it