Stupid PC commercials. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stupid PC commercials.

ANY comercial that has that awful FAKE MOUSE CLIKING SOUND. I hate that!!!! It is so frickin annoying.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

fhctech

I actually called one of those qvc type commercials once - it was late night tv and they ran an infomercial about a great 'standard' pc - however, I found so many lies and half-truths that I HAD to call! They're first question to me was 'What credit card would you like to use'. They were so evasive to my questions (and there wasn't a manager on the floor to talk to - how convenient) and shortly became very rude after realizing that I wasn't buying!

Gateway commercials are the one that get me - if they 'don't need a gimmic', then why do they have a cow on the box? What the $&(* does a cow have to do with computers?

Talking

The only computer related commercial that I thought was funny was for a website, Outpost.com.
    The commercial had them trying to shoot a gerbil through the "O" of their logo. Hilarious!
    I hate the new XP commercials. I can picture Bill Gates dancing around his office listening to Madonna. What were they thinking.
    -I wouldn't say I'm certified, but certifiable.

I seem to recall an AOhelL commercial where this doofus actually said, "It's like a one way street, that goes both ways." I can only hope that he got paid union scale or less to utter such tripe.....
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."

Registered User Stanley_Kubrick's Avatar

The Gateway talking Cow. Like he's got this cool laid-back voice and all, and he's talking to the dude in the ponytail as if the gateway country stores are the hotbed of the next best thing in the PC world, i.e XP.
    STUPID!
    Jesus Saves.

Gretzky recovers... He shoots... HE SCORES!!!

LOL... Yeah I hate that Gateway commercial,
    I think we all KNOW that guy couldn't debug a
    computer to save his butt !! (Much less build a unit that works !!!) One other amusing thing to think about... Will the Compaq head do all the talking (and selling ) or will the Hewlitt head
    try to sell consumers little internet-ready boxes ? I am a Laptop/Notebook Tech and I CAN"T WAIT

Talking

Just a thought but I couldn't help but wonder when I was going to see a Pig flying in THAT commercial.

Well I guess it has caused me some chucklesome moments.

tempdir

Now I'm getting a kick out of what the commercials are supposed to be doing. making you remember them.

It is real funny reading what truly the best commercials are.

Thats what they want "you to remember their name," not the emmy for the best commercial.

Sparky625.NET

Yeah, but if you remember them because they're so @0!)damn annoying, are you really going to buy their product?

My least favorites are:
    AOL's misinformation propaganda
       Like a new version of software will make 'the Internet' faster.
    Intel's CPU hype
       "Our CPU has cool videos for aliens in it!"
    Windows XP
       Like Microsoft needs to show us that they have enough $ to license Madonna...

Th XP commercials aren't that bad they did get a worth while Singer Madonna
    Ouch she's still got it even at her age.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Cool

The intel ones lately have gotten to me. They seem to make people think that the internet will go faster. At least that's the feeling I get from it.

Also, on another note: Those damn 1-800-collect commercials with Carrot Top. Any of them. Is is just me, or is he the most annoying human on the face of the planet? I'd even rate him worse than Gilbert Gottfried.
    Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of

Thumbs down

Can't stand that tard on the Dell commercials. Dude, yer gettin a Dell!

Red face

All AT&T Broadband commercials, especially the one with the little kid who's talking to his dad's boss about how stupid he is that he bought a dish, and can't get his local (crappy) stations unless he pays more.

Thank God for the mute button!!!

Bigdog632

ok i remember the gateway commercial showing ted waitt getting tips from a cow
    im sorry but i wouldnt get a puter from a company who gets tips from a cow
    id recommend a good shrink though

Don't know if anyone else lives in Adelaide, but we have a local computer store called A&R Computers.

One of their TV commercials had the guy selling PCs like a fast food. At the end of the ad he asks would you like extra chips with that (holding out a bucket of ICs). !?!?!?!?