Better Pic of the new baby!

Thread: Better Pic of the new baby!

Post Better Pic of the new baby!

No not a real baby but my baby. I showed you all some pics of my new snake but they weren't very good so here is a good pic. She's not as large as the picture shows but my camera takes pretty decent closeups.

The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

Congrats...(I think ) I wouldn't really care for such a thing in my house, but if you are into it...GOOD FOR YOU!!! Hope she is sleeping nites already!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Cool....my baby is my dog...she is about 11 months old...such a cutie.

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska

Wow congrats Aplustech!!! It's not many people who get an attorney for a pet!!! Way to go, you da man!
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Cool! About how much did it cost? What kind of environment do the need?

She only cost $45 because she is so young. If I wanted to wait until she was a juvenille to ensure moreso that she would live okay she would have been about $100. All in all fairly cheap. I keep her in a glass aquarium with a screen locking top. She has a heat gradient with one side at about 87F and the other about 75F. I use newspaper for bedding. Cheapest and easiest to clean and she doesn't mind one bit.

[quote]Originally posted by Aplustech:
    <strong>She only cost $45 because she is so young. If I wanted to wait until she was a juvenille to ensure moreso that she would live okay she would have been about $100. All in all fairly cheap. I keep her in a glass aquarium with a screen locking top. She has a heat gradient with one side at about 87F and the other about 75F. I use newspaper for bedding. Cheapest and easiest to clean and she doesn't mind one bit.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nice critter - nice paterns.

Perfect setup so far. Avoid heat rocks and heat pads (pads/rock can burn the animal) and stay with lamps. The best thing to get is a ceramic bulb as you may leave it on 24/7 and it lasts for years though they cost about $40. They pay for themselves in the long run. Keep him on fuzzies for a while and then switch to hoppers and then mice. About 1 per week should do ya nicely. Don't play with him a day after he eats to make sure he doesn't vomit his prey. Feed him in a different container than what he is kept in to keep him more doscile - rubbermaid containers with lots of ventelation holes work great. No need for special lighting as snakes just don't need it (the UVb kind). Make sure he has a bowl of water to sit in to soak around shedding time. Give him a rock to rub on and something to hide in like a flower pot or box. Don't use anything from outside or you run the risk of getting mites.

That's enough for now. E-mail me if you have any questions at all. You can get me at fish.dirtylittle.com - my addy is up there.

[quote]Originally posted by ilovetheusers:
    <strong>

Perfect setup so far. Avoid heat rocks and heat pads (pads/rock can burn the animal) and stay with lamps. The best thing to get is a ceramic bulb as you may leave it on 24/7 and it lasts for years though they cost about $40. They pay for themselves in the long run. Keep him on fuzzies for a while and then switch to hoppers and then mice. About 1 per week should do ya nicely. Don't play with him a day after he eats to make sure he doesn't vomit his prey. Feed him in a different container than what he is kept in to keep him more doscile - rubbermaid containers with lots of ventelation holes work great. No need for special lighting as snakes just don't need it (the UVb kind). Make sure he has a bowl of water to sit in to soak around shedding time. Give him a rock to rub on and something to hide in like a flower pot or box. Don't use anything from outside or you run the risk of getting mites.

That's enough for now. E-mail me if you have any questions at all. You can get me at fish.dirtylittle.com - my addy is up there.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've got her on pinkies right now because she is only about 16" long but will be going to fuzzies shortly. I do use a heatpad as it is preferred over bulbs but it does have a rheostat so that I can control the temps. I've never held any snakes until atleast 48 hours after they have eaten to ensure proper digestion. Also, since it is a corn snake, I don't mind feeding her in the same container as these are about the most docile snakes known to man. Also, she has 3 hide boxes and a tree (not real as I wouldn't want the little girl getting mites) and plenty of water at all times so she can "Soak" when she would like.

<strong>

I've got her on pinkies right now because she is only about 16" long but will be going to fuzzies shortly. I do use a heatpad as it is preferred over bulbs but it does have a rheostat so that I can control the temps. I've never held any snakes until atleast 48 hours after they have eaten to ensure proper digestion. Also, since it is a corn snake, I don't mind feeding her in the same container as these are about the most docile snakes known to man. Also, she has 3 hide boxes and a tree (not real as I wouldn't want the little girl getting mites) and plenty of water at all times so she can "Soak" when she would like.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmmm, a rheostat huh? Interesting. Why don't you like lamps? Just wondering.

Glad to hear you're doing well. It's rare to see someone else who knows what their doing. Pet owners like you rule. It drives me nuts at the pet shop I work at when you explain what to do and get a blank stare. I think you'd be one of the customers that I am nice to and might spend some time with.

I truly despise those people that don't have a clue what they are getting themselves into. I saw a guy on some other forums a few days ago that came on and said, "I just got a new snow corn snake... How do I take care of it?" I really wish people would stop and ask questions and do research BEFORE as opposed to after. I really like pads as opposed to lights for a few reasons.

1) If I put lights INSIDE the cage (big no no) the poor thing may wrap herself around them and fry herself.

2) If I put them OUTSIDE the cage, big chance of my cat coming up and playing with them, with variable results such as burning herself, knocking the light off or even possibly falling through the screen on top if she got herself up there.

3) Most snakes I've seen primarily depend on warmth from underneath as it is easiest to heat their bodies and maintain the heat this way. Lights are very good for ambient heat but for surface heat I prefer a pad. I understand the difficulty with getting the temps right as the pad gets very warm. However, even without a rheostat, you can put a few pieces of slim cardboard at the bottom of the tank (as you put the heat pad on the outside of the tank on one side of the bottom) and then a few layers of newspaper and you can usually get your temps worked out pretty well.

<strong>I truly despise those people that don't have a clue what they are getting themselves into. I saw a guy on some other forums a few days ago that came on and said, "I just got a new snow corn snake... How do I take care of it?" I really wish people would stop and ask questions and do research BEFORE as opposed to after...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, that pisses me off too when people go and buy pets, and don't know WTF they're doing. The pet usually ends up dying prematurely for one reason or another. It's very sad.
    Hello World

what do you feed it?

[quote]Originally posted by opiate:
    <strong>what do you feed it?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Pinkies right now - Premature hairless little mice

Shortly she will be on fuzzies which are little mice just as they begin to grow hair - a little bigger than pinkies

They are frozen and I thaw them out before I give them to her.

My 13-year-old feline just went to the vet for a check up and got a clean bill of health.
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

no snakes for me. i will just stick to my black lab.
    Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem.- Ronald Reagan