[RESOLVED] Cannot play audio CD

Thread: [RESOLVED] Cannot play audio CD

AndrewB

Cannot play audio CD

I have a Yahama CDR200t connected to an Advansys PnP ISA SCSI card. I am unable to play any audio cds with it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the CD Player/ CD Audio Device control and even the CD Drive from Device Manager. I've gone back to older drivers but nothing fixes the playing. MY CD Recording software can preview an audio track and play it fully! But Windows CD Player just chokes and dies. It doesn't think it is an audio disk although explorer says it is. I'm using Win 95 Osr 2.1. Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi.
    Two things for you to check:

1. Open the chassis and check if the audio cable (connecting your CD-R to the Audio card) exists. If so, try another one.

2. Check your sound card's mixer. Is it's volume low or muted?

Hope these helped you...

------------------
    [email protected]
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

From the way you worded your message, I'm wondering if the problem you are having is with the Windows CD Player app and not a hardware problem. Can you actually play CD's with your CD recording software?

AndrewB

I have a bit more information. Firstly the CD Player app cannot play the 1st track from 00:00, I have to cue it to 00:02 and then it will play the full song. The CD length time is some astromonical unit but the track time say 1:45(m:s) (in reality it's over 5 minutes). When CD Player app goes to the next track it goes back to track 1 and plays after 1:45. Same goes for all tracks (after have played 1st tack). The app won't play any other tracks first. I keep believing that its the Microsoft MCI CD Audio driver thats the problem. It's driving me bonkers!

Zcore

Go to www.yamaha.com and check out Y-Station32 in the download section of WaveForce. If the Windows CD prog isn't functioning, it may be specific to just that program. A third party program may be successful. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest a 9-iron and a sledgehammer. Make sure you turn the PC off before you bash it to pieces as you don't want to be zapped.