I came, I saw....it wasnt half bad

Thread: I came, I saw....it wasnt half bad

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Post I came, I saw....it wasnt half bad

I went to see the Spiiderman movie last night after telling myself that I wouldnt...the X-men movie being hte stinking pile that it was and all.

I have to say that it was a very good movie and it kept very close to the original Spiderman story
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

I am thinking of bringing my son to see it, he is 8, but his mother is concerned about him being exposed to violence and frightening scenes, how bad is it in terms of that?

Oh, and I would appreciate no spoilers, thanks in advance...
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

I saw it too.. it was pretty good overall. Now as for violence, there are some, but it's not graphic. You get the explosions, the fighting.. no dismembered arms or legs, no heads being choped off. I'd say the pro wrestling is more violent...
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

IMHO its DEFINATELY something that you can take your 8 year old to see, there little or no cursing in the movie, and all of the violence was very fake (as in not do-able) so I wouldnt worry about it
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

What about a 6 year old girl?

I knew I was already taking my 9 (almost 10) year old son, but I am still debating in regards to my daughter.

We watched a "making of" on Space Channel this past weekend, and she was downright dissapointed. We found out that she thought it was going to be the "real" movie
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I honestly wouldnt have a problem with any age child going to see it.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by a d e p t:
    <strong>What about a 6 year old girl?

I knew I was already taking my 9 (almost 10) year old son, but I am still debating in regards to my daughter.

We watched a "making of" on Space Channel this past weekend, and she was downright dissapointed. We found out that she thought it was going to be the "real" movie </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">When I went Sunday there was two 5 year old girls siting in front of me and they seem to enjoy the whole movie.

Registered User Stanley_Kubrick's Avatar

Kick-arse film, suitable for all ages. Two thumbs up!
    Jesus Saves.

Gretzky recovers... He shoots... HE SCORES!!!

Thanks for all the input folks!

I think I'll time our family's night out to also coincide with Episode 2 - make it an entire day spent at the <a href="http://www.cinemasguzzo.com/page.php3?t=3&c=/en/s2/taschereau.html" target="_blank">Guzzo Mega-Plex 18</a> near Montreal.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams